Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rollers trainers and training

I hate rollers and turbo trainers. You sit there you sweat. Yuk. However I am training to increase speed and it is not going well. So I have dusted off my trainer, got my iPod the Giro is on; what more do I need? Have started doing 10x2 minute reps with 1 min rest to improve my 10 mile and 25 mile times (as well as road work). Anybody got an opinion on whether this is a good plan or have advice? Otherwise I suspect the trainer may eventually go back to gathering dust...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Spinning class at the gym? Seemed to have an effect for me, and it's a class with music etc so the time flies by.

Stubat | 11 years ago
0 likes

Check out sufferfest vids. For me they've turned using the turbo from torture in a bad way, to torture in a productive and worthwhile way.

Psycling | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm sure intervals on the turbo will increase your leg speed and help with power output. If you suffer from boredom then the 3LC DVDS are worth a look. I've got the Hill climbing one and the Sprinting one. They do push you to keep going when you feel like climbing off. Not wanting to sound like an advertisement but they are reduced at the moment too.

Latest Comments