Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 14

Seeing as we're all still up worrying about the game falling apart I thought I'd ask the big question...

Who's going to go for it tomorrow?

I can't see any of the big GC contenders, Basso, Schleck, Scarponi, Rodriguez, Hesjedal or Kreuziger even attempting to put more than a few seconds into each other with 3 more summit finishes in the next week. Stage 15 should be more fun as it runs into a rest day.

I'm thinking, I'll pick up two of Rujano, Gadret, Hesjedal and Basso and maybe leave Scarponi until later although I could afford Kreuziger and one of the first 4 on my list.

Something else to throw into the mix, apparently it'll to be bloody freezing on the summit tomorrow with risk of snow and Rodriguez is known to dislike the cold, Pozzovivo too (as he's a whippet).

Thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

66 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Did anyone just see that?

The farnesi vini guy had a problem with his bike, jumped off, a guy in just boxers and trainers was holding it while the team got him another bike. A spectator pushed him up to speed while the team jumped back in the car and left the naked guy holding the bike even after him waving it in the air. Nice souvenir or will someone pick it up??

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The little lord of the rings extra Rujano is offski on his own  4

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Keep missing out on this Tour - dropped Kristoff the day before yesterday, and dropped Barta yesterday, having had him in for about a week! Silly me.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just what i thought. Astana drilling it on the front as Liquigas drop back into the pack.

Some mad descending going on. Cunego and Rujano still off the front chasing the break. But Rujano losing time on Cunego because he can't go downhill for toffee

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No time gaps being show, But Amador has exactly 5km ahead of the peleton as they went through the 30km banner just as he went through the 25km one.

Cunego going to be caught as Astana still hammering out the pace on the front. I think Rujano may have been swept up on the descent

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No Hesjedal or Pozzovivo in the maglia rosa group???

Raleigh replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

But he won the Vuelta one in 2012  26

So he did, but not in 2012  39  3

Interesting to here the interview with Pozzovivo's manager today read out online, what does he fear. The cold, the rain and going downhill  19

Oops, 2010, sorry.

It's just that I've only recently returned from the future.

Let me tell you what happens in this year's Giro.

It transpired that Thor had actually been cycling really slowly behind the race caravan, sneaking into the roadside bushes for sleeps and nuts to keep him going. He actually finished seventeenth on the GC, cycling through the night to gain bonus time at the intermediate sprints.
Mark cavendish launched an attack on stage 19 on one of the descents, soling to the finish like never before.
Both Frank Schlecks arms fell of, but he still managed to finish.
Mehdi Sonrabi returned from Limbo to win three stages on the bounce.
Androni finished top of the team classification, by way of Rujano finishing First, Second, Third and Fourth.

So yeah, I basically got a little confused.

And oh yeah, Heinrich Haussler became the first person ever to win every single stage of the Tour and Vuelta.  19

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

No Hesjedal or Pozzovivo in the maglia rosa group???

Both of them still in there

13.4 to go and Amador has 7.15 of a gap, Looking like a break win today

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

De Marchi looking stronger than Amador which is good for me having two Androni riders in my team

But 11km with 6,39 gap, big enough? Hmmmm  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

5km 3.25 gap to De Marchi, Amador and Barta

Might just about make it to the finish

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sat in a bowling alley, any idea who's in the main peloton? All the main guys still there?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rujano having another punt off the front......Come on you ugly little man  4

But FAIL, he's going no where  20

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Going on your team drheaton

Rodriguez ✔
Hesjedal ✔
Rujano ✔
Henao ✓

Pozzovivo ✔
Tiralongo ✔
Caruso ✓
Rubiano ✓
Golas

I think the smaller ticks "might be"

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

3km 1.34 of a gap and Hesjedal is going for it  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its going to be a nice day for my points if they can reel in the 3 break away guys because there are only around 30 riders in the pack left and most of my guys are still there  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod going to catch Hesjedal, Tiralongo, Scarponi, Pozzovivo and Kreuziger trying to keep with and there are two sky riders in there

Heano and Uran

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

SH*T i just noticed i didn't put Hesjedal back in, Come on De Marchi  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Kreuziger dropped? Sounds like 4th for Hesjedal  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 Andrey Amador Bakkazakova (CRc) Movistar Team
2 Jan Barta (Cze) Team NetApp
3 Alessandro De Marchi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
4 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Barracuda
5 Paolo Tiralongo (Ita) Astana Pro Team

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

GC now looks like this

Hesjedal
J-Rod +9
Tiralongo +41
Casar +1.05
Basso +1.06
Kreuziger +1.07
Intxausti +1.07
Uran +1.19
Scarponi +1.20
Pozzovivo +1.21
Henao +1.39
Cataldo +1.42
Pardilla +2.06
De Gendt +2.14
Schleck +2.20

Cav might be timed out today aswell  4  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

God damn

Amador
Barta
De Marchi
Hesjedel (now in pink)
Tiralongo
Uran
J-Rod
De Gendt
Scarponi
Gadret
Schleck
Pozzovivo
Basso
Henao
Intxausti

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

4th, 5th, 7th, 12th, 16th for me. Surprised by Hesjedal, disappointed with Kreuziger.

0 likes

I didnt do so well again argh

0 likes

I didnt do so well again argh

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Damn! Why did Rujano attack early when he can't descend. If he'd waited till the last 2/3k he could have done it as he obviously had some good legs, just no brain  20  20

Surprised by Hesjedal a bit as well, but the flatter climbs suit him better. Not sure if I'll change my team though. Might wait and see if Rujano tries again tomorrow as he obviously wants a stage win and he could do it if he uses his grey matter a bit. Might switch Scarponi for Purito tomorrow as it suits him better though. Glad I didn't put in Kreuzinger for Basso though, but De Gendt did well. Maybe going for the GC after all as he can TT very well. He's not out of it yet.

Going to lose ground today.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 AMADOR
2 BARTA
3 DE MARCHI
4 HESJEDAL
5 TIRALONGO
6 URAN
7 RODRIGUEZ
8 DE GENDT
9 SCARPONI
10 GADRET
11 SCHLECK
12 POZZOVIVO
13 BASSO
14 HENAO
15 INTXAUSTI
16 KREUZIGER
17 MORENO
18 PARDILLA
19 NIEVE
20 CATALDO

For me 5,7,12,15,16,20 +5 for winning team

Rujano got 24th  20 Was going to take Moreno over him, but only lost 4 points by not doing that

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cav in at 32.04 down, Inside the time limit??

Last man home might be good for someone

GUARDINI at 35.59 all on his ownsome

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Cav bus had 80 riders in it!
180 riders home  26
Sky have all 9 riders still in race

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Have mountain points accidently been awarded for todays finish? I've got 5 more points than I was expecting.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

130 points but only 253rd on the stage, must've been some pretty high scores today. Thankfully not fallen back in the overall but running out of stages to make up that 130 points. I think today might've been the day to do it with Amador and Barta, shame I went defensive with my choices.

Pages

Latest Comments