Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

the game website

Hi,

Is the game website down for anyone else?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

95 comments

Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes

UPDATE: We've stuck the game on the old server. Dave has extended the ATOC stage 6 transfer deadline by an hour. So you should be able to make your transfers.

Hope that helps

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seems to be back on the older server  4

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

We've switched back to the old server.

you should be able to see the site soon, if you can't wait you can go to http://109.104.88.11

I've extended the transfer window for an hour so's people can get transfers in. i'm aware that it's not ideal but the only ideal scenario is the one where the server hasn't fallen over. if people miss this, we can sort out their transfers if they've commented above

stevespro wrote:

And I got slated the other day for suggesting that it was a bad move to introduce Premium midway through the season...Now do you see my point...

not really. what's a brand new server irreperably falling over after a few hours online got to do with the decision to charge for premium? We would have had to move the server anyway. what happened to the server is unclear; there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it and so we couldn't have anticipated it would fail in this way, it's not something the tech guys at the hosting company have ever seen before so far as i can tell.

0 likes

right, now the giro scores  1

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, works now : )

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Always impressed with people who can break servers in new and interesting ways  16

Transfers done but I felt under pressure - just have to hope I've done OK  7

Cheers,
Simon

Strathlubnaig | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good job...now, what were stage 13 scores then ?

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

How is extending the deadline fair on those who got their transfers in?

I could just pick the guys in the break now...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah but just don't

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's the ToC, not the Giro, there's no major prizes, it's just for fun. I made my transfers this morning, I couldn't care less. I'd rather everyone have it fair and be able to make their transfers.

dave atkinson replied to rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

How is extending the deadline fair on those who got their transfers in?

I could just pick the guys in the break now...

you could do, not a day to rely on points from riders in the break though i don't think  1

0 likes

full disclosure:

what happened was that we moved the game over to a new server. two servers in fact: one for the game and one for the database.

that all worked fine but for some reason the RAID controller sorting all the data onto the four discs in the server went haywire and screwed it all up in a way that wasn't recoverable. that's unusual to the point where the tech guy said he'd never seen it before, lucky old us.

the new server's a stopgap ahead of us running two front end servers, load balanced and failed over so that if one breaks the other will still work. that should be up and running next week. typically this failure would have gone unnoticed if it had just waited a few days...

anyway, that's all for now. i'm writing this from a car park somewhere outside newtown in mid wales where i've been sat for the last 2hrs trying to sort it all out. time for wine i think.

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well done Dave. Don't drink too much. You might mess up your transfers. LOL  13  4  4  4  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If the servers are in Wales......Blame the sheep, nothing else for it  3

alronald | 11 years ago
0 likes

Still can't get on to it  7

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

http://109.104.88.11/transfers - This is the link you need

fluffchucker | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can't access the game at all

fluffchucker replied to northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

http://109.104.88.11/transfers - This is the link you need

Phew - thanks for the link  1

9lives2 | 11 years ago
0 likes

20  13  37 this is how I feel because I can not get access to Fantasy! Wow is me! I'll try the link I saw in another post  1

Lost faith in t... | 11 years ago
0 likes

i still cant get on  7

foggy76 | 11 years ago
0 likes

still cant access game.

hippy69 | 11 years ago
0 likes

used the supplied link, but cant request a forgotten password, says access DENIED!!!

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hippy I was not able to access via the normal link but was able to get in via http://109.104.88.11

Haven't tried it yet tho.

Yep access looks like it is restored for me  16

crandle1 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Still knackered for me

37038 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Worked for me a few minutes ago and got my transfers in for GdI. I think about 10mins until transfer deadline

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its been working since about 7/8ish last night (UK time) for me anyway

0 likes

should be available on http://109.104.88.11 even if it's not available at fantasy.road.cc - had to switch back to the old server and that takes time to propagate

alronald | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the ling - too late for the Giro sadly  2

Champions | 11 years ago
0 likes

37 Arrg losing points here !!

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Been working since about 9:30 last night but put in my Giro transfers then rather than waiting. Luckily I did my TOC transfers that morning as I missed the deadline for the first Stage myself and didn't want to do it again.

Pages

Latest Comments