Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 13

Sprint day today? Maybe, maybe not, depends on who gets away and even if it is a sprint the last few stages have shown anything can happen in the last 1km so I've avoided being too sprinter heavy today.

Hesjedal dropped for Ferrari
Hunter dropped for Henao

leaving me with

Rodriguez
Cavendish
Ferrari
Henao

Tiralongo
Caruso
Golas
Rubiano
Pozzovivo

who've you gone for today? Do you reckon Goss will still be feeling the effects of Monday's crash?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got JJ Haedo but it was Lucas Haedo who came 8th. Think the other one was up there anyway. Got 1st and 7th anyway.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Debarrio

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I shouldn't have bothered taking Ferrari and Visconti and kept Henao and Hesjedal  26

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have 2, 6, 7, 10, 15 and 17. No idea where that will bring me...

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ha - had Kristoff since stage 2 and finally dropped him yesterday. Ah well, went into today with 2 sprinters and got 1st and 10th, so thats OK. Can't wait for tomorrow, but the first mountain stage is bound to see all the guys I think are in good shape getting dropped halfway up the last climb...

chrisdstripes replied to Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes
Debarrio wrote:

I have 2, 6, 7, 10, 15 and 17. No idea where that will bring me...

Big points, I'd wager - not many teams will have kept that many sprinters in. Surely you can't win a stage 2 days running?!  3

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

No, that would be ridiculous (although very nice). BTW what was Vanendert thinking? Probably wanted to see what a bunch sprint looks like up close...

downhill_tailwind | 11 years ago
0 likes

i still have a sprinter heavy team. i got 1st, 3rd , 6th, 10th , 15th and 17th.
not too bad i guess

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not too bad 113 points for me  4
Goss and Ferrari transferred out. Keep cav for 5 sprint points and bring in another 2 climbers Sunday  16

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got 1, 2, 7, 10
with lots in hand for the climbs like j-rod and hesjedal and rubiano for tomorrow. . . but which other climbers to bring in??? Its not a hilltop finish so anyone who can climb ok and then finish might do well . . . such as Nibali . . . what is he doing in USA? So who to bring in . . . Scarponi will want to do well overall . . . but i think i'll go for an AR rather than a KM tomorrow for the win

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got 1, 2, 7, 10
with lots in hand for the climbs like j-rod and hesjedal and rubiano for tomorrow. . . but which other climbers to bring in??? Its not a hilltop finish so anyone who can climb ok and then finish might do well . . . such as Nibali . . . what is he doing in USA? So who to bring in . . . Scarponi will want to do well overall . . . but i think i'll go for an AR rather than a KM tomorrow for the win

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got 1,2,6,7 plus the usual gc, sprint points etc.

Not to bad as i've taken 20 penalty points for tomorrows stage with an extra transfer.

Stumps replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Got 1, 2, 7, 10

According to steephill the profile for tommorrow is a cat 1 hilltop finish with the last 28kms uphill - you sure you looked at the right stage mate ?

Gkam84 replied to Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes
Debarrio wrote:

No, that would be ridiculous (although very nice). BTW what was Vanendert thinking? Probably wanted to see what a bunch sprint looks like up close...

It was Dennis Vanendert, Not his brother  3

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know that! But since when is Dennis a sprinter? Before today his best finish this year was 45th...

Rvizzle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah why did I take out Kristoff!!

Pages

Latest Comments