Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 13

Sprint day today? Maybe, maybe not, depends on who gets away and even if it is a sprint the last few stages have shown anything can happen in the last 1km so I've avoided being too sprinter heavy today.

Hesjedal dropped for Ferrari
Hunter dropped for Henao

leaving me with

Rodriguez
Cavendish
Ferrari
Henao

Tiralongo
Caruso
Golas
Rubiano
Pozzovivo

who've you gone for today? Do you reckon Goss will still be feeling the effects of Monday's crash?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sprint placings:

1. Keizer (8pts),
2. Failli (6pts),
3. Cavendish (4pts),
4. Eisel (3pts),
5. Hunt (2pts),
6. Veikkanen (1pt)

Looks like Goss didn't even bother, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he'll be nowhere in the final sprint, just like Wednesday, and Vaitkus will be on sprint duties.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Went for

Cav
Goss
Henao
Hesjedal
Demare
Kristoff
Boaro
Pozzovivo
Bauer

Hopefully some decent points today,  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I made 3 changes for today. And plan the reversal of them tonight

46 May 18, 01:54 Giovanni Visconti Jose Humberto Rujano
46 May 18, 01:54 Roberto Ferrari Sergio Luis Henao
46 May 18, 01:54 Mark Cavendish Ryder Hesjedal

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Mark Cavendish (SKY)
Roberto Ferrari (AND)
Giovanni Visconti (MOV)
Domenico Pozzovivo (COG)
Miguel Angel Rubiano (AND)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)
Damiano Caruso (LIQ)
Jon Izagirre (EUS)

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Beginning to regret not keeping Demare and Guardini in my team for today, the shorter stage should play into their hands more than the previous longer ones. No doubt they'll score fairly well today.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Order over the climb:

Failli
Keizer
Golas

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish
J-Rod
Hesjedal
Ferrari

Guardini
Demare
Rubiano
Pozzovivo
Caruso

First time today that I didn't use maximum transfers. Ready for tomorrow but should be solid today. Cav-Ferrari sans Goss would be good  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

We have a Netapp rider on the deck and it looks like a broken collar bone for reto hollenstein. He's in an ambulance, his race over.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, excellent news for me, I'm hoping for a Ferrari Cavendish 1-2 but will settle for both of them in the top 10... as long as Robbie Hunter doesn't win, that'd annoy me  14

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Keizer might be a good bet for some last man home points when we reach the mountains.  4

A 2 man break could be good for Cav owners. He's been hoovering up any available intermediate sprint points so far, so a possible 4 points available today.

Squiggle replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Keizer might be a good bet for some last man home points when we reach the mountains.  4

A 2 man break could be good for Cav owners. He's been hoovering up any available intermediate sprint points so far, so a possible 4 points available today.

Good for me, I've got Cav and Keizer haha!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

A two man breakaway, guess who... yes it's Martijn chuffing Keizer and Francesco Failli.

They have a few minutes on the peloton but I can't see just the pair of them staying away to the finish.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cav
Hesjedal
Haedo
JRod

Chicchi
Caruso
Rubiano
Golas
Demare

4 sprinters for me today. I'm hoping for good results from Haedo & Chicchi in particular because they're less popular than some of the other sprinters.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've brought Cav back in, and Belletti just to be different, as the rest of my team is full of very popular selections. Those two will go straight back out tomorrow for a GC contender and a climbing DS. I'm hoping there are enough teams with sprinters that they'll chase any breaks down (and its such a short stage).

Cav
Hesjedal
Basso
Henao
Pozzovivo
Caruso
Belletti
Felline
Samoilau

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone goss as i couldnt afford Cav

Goss
J-Rod
Hesjedal
Haeno

Demare
Kristoff
Caruso
Pozzovivo
Huzarski

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping Goss is still suffering personally  19 I'd rather Ferrari win and Cav come second too as Cav and Goss will both be popular picks today.

I think I worked it out as a guaranteed 52 points today from my team assuming none of the classifications change. Hoping for something around the 90 mark.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

goss
cav
ferrari
Intxausti

cataldo
caruso
demare
rubiano
tiralongo

Hoping that today is sprint day we all want. Wanna see cav and goss go all the way and keep the red jersey battle going till the final days ITT  16

Pages

Latest Comments