Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TOC Stage 5 ITT

Hi,

Is Chris Horner out of the TOC, he appears to be greyed out in the game? or just a mistake?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

45 comments

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 David ZABRISKIE Garmin-Barracuda 00:35:59.210
2 Jens VOIGT RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:23
3 Tejay VAN GARDEREN BMC Racing Team 0:00:34
4 Robert GESINK Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:39
5 Andrew TALANSKY Garmin-Barracuda 0:00:48
6 Peter VELITS Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:00:49
7 Maarten TJALLINGII Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:52
8 Luke DURBRIDGE Orica GreenEDGE 0:01:01
9 Tom DANIELSON Garmin-Barracuda 0:01:07
10 Rory SUTHERLAND UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling 0:01:10
11 Cameron MEYER Orica GreenEDGE 0:01:26
12 Lawson CRADDOCK Bontrager Livestrong Team 0:01:30
13 George HINCAPIE BMC Racing Team 0:01:30
14 Markel IRIZAR ARRANBURU RadioShack-Nissan 0:01:33
15 Tom DUMOULIN Argos-Shimano 0:01:37
16 Luis Leon SANCHEZ GIL Rabobank Cycling Team 0:01:40
17 Levi LEIPHEIMER Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:01:44
18 Nathan BROWN Bontrager Livestrong Team 0:01:49
19 Matthew BUSCHE RadioShack-Nissan 0:01:49
20 Vincenzo NIBALI Liquigas-Cannondale 0:01:52

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

1,3,6 and 17, not bad.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

For not aiming at a good TT Team i got 3rd 6th and 16th

I'm still waiting for a Levi investigation into that ice pack and fully expect a ruling on wearing things like that in the future. Not that he was any faster. But they might start shaping "ice packs" like shark fins soon  19

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

ended up with 1,6,10,11 and 20th plus the usual gc points etc etc.

After doing this game for nigh on 18 months still dont know how to work out the points  7

Made my changes for tomorrow as well and got rid of Sagan. It might backfire but you never know.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam,

Having broken my fibula myself, I am surprised that he kept an icepack on whilst riding. It really wouldn't have made much difference, if any, during the race.

I used to use a big pack of frozen peas, which were in fact *better* than the specific ice pack that you can buy from Boots. Also, after a while, you need to remove the icepack as the coldness becomes too much and probably wouldn't help with reducing the swelling after a certain amount of time.

LP

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I take it you didn't catch the stage LP?  3

He had a large ice pack have way down his back, cant find a picture at the moment, but i'm sure there will be one about somewhere.

At the start when he was in an aero position, his helmet fitted nicely in with the ice pack  3

chrisdstripes replied to thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

1,3,5,6,7,11,12,17 for me today, 1,4,5 in the gen class.

A pile better than my giro performance

Unlucky! So close to the stage win. Well done Debarrio.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

gkam,

I think Levi was the last person I saw before I switched off and went to bed.

Debarrio replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

1,3,5,6,7,11,12,17 for me today, 1,4,5 in the gen class.

A pile better than my giro performance

Unlucky! So close to the stage win. Well done Debarrio.[/quote]

Woohoo! Thanks, TFC. I had a feeling I could be up there when I saw the TT results this morning. What do I win and where do I claim it  19

carlgrz | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gutted. Managed 4th overall with 174 and I left out DZ! Go Jensie!!!!!

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

BTW as a Dutchie I was of course fully aware of Maarten Tjallingii's TT abilities, but Gesink's progression in this discipline is nothing short of amazing as he used to TT like my gran on her way to the bridge club.

chrisdstripes replied to Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, Gesink was very impressive - looks a different rider to the one we saw in the TDF last year. What's your view on Kelderman? I spent ages deciding between him and Durbridge yesterday and obviously chose correctly, but does Kelderman have potential for big things?

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Kelderman is considered one of the biggest talents of a quite promising pool of young riders we are currently blessed with (Kruiswijk, Slagter, Mollema, Dumoulin being some of the others...).

But Kelderman is still very young (just turned 21) and Rabobank tends to bring their talents very slowly (too slowly?) so as not to burn them off. In terms of TT'ing, Durbridge is already a household name, but for the general standings in a stage race Kelderman should be the one to watch in 3 or 4 years time.

(On a side note: Right now, I'd say Mollema is our brightest star (especially given his strong mentality), but if Gesink can TT like that in the Tour he may just end up on the podium this summer!)

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh, I completely forgot about Jetse Bol! Another huge talent.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice one thanks! I only started really following it this year so don't know a great deal about a lot of the riders.

Pages

Latest Comments