Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 12

Morning all, big day today with the real possibility of a shake up in the fantasy standings.

Guaranteed breakaway with the possibility of a breakaway win, I predict a big group of 12+ going away and most of them staying away to the end with a 3-5 minute lead.

I'm utterly hopeless at picking breakaway guys and my usual pick, De Gendt, is too close in the GC to be allowed to go away so I've gone for extra guaranteed points in the form of Rubiano and Golas. I've also kept Cavendish and Hunter (another possible break rider) for the flat stage tomorrow.

My team:

Rodriguez
Hesjedal
Cavendish
Hunter

Pozzovivo
Caruso
Tiralongo
Rubiano
Golas

So, who're you hoping will get in the break and how do you think today will play out?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

67 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

85 points, apparently a very good day as I've gained 14 places and I'm now only 150 points off 1st.

Plan for tomorrow is to bring in some cheap sprinters and hope all the favourites crash again  19

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

85 points, apparently a very good day as I've gained 14 places and I'm now only 150 points off 1st.

Plan for tomorrow is to bring in some cheap sprinters and hope all the favourites crash again  19

Its OK - I've brought Cav back in and he's crashed on both stages I've had him so far, so you should be OK...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't know, third time lucky...

I've already got Cav and Hunter but considering swapping for Intxausti and either Goss or someone like Ventoso so I'm closer to my climbing team for Saturday. Dropping Cav could also free up credits for Cataldo.

Alan Tullett replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Anyone know the record amount of breaks, Either in stages or KM in a grand tour?

I know its a strange stat to ask for, but with Kaizer in the break AGAIN. I feel i've seen him there every day bar yesterday. He must be on some sort of break away bonus payment. Because if he's strong enough to be there day in day out. Why not sit back in the pack and get a decent GC standing  39

That is a good point but maybe he can't climb.

Alan Tullett replied to robacairns | 11 years ago
0 likes
robacairns wrote:

Indeed sir! Thanks for the discussion on the thread I posted about the breakaway today. Especially big thanks to Alan for making the suggestion of Golas.

Team:

Cavendish
Inxtausti
Rodriguez
Hesjerdal

Tiralongo
Rubiano
Demare
Caruso
Golas

Well done  3  3 Do I get a bonus  3  3 I got 93 today. I had Rubiano when he made his break as well. It's the sprint stages that have messed me up.

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Its OK - I've brought Cav back in and he's crashed on both stages I've had him so far, so you should be OK...

Same for me but I'm not going for him tomorrow as I'm set up for the mountains. Still got Goss though and not sure what to do with him.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Currently I've 7 climbers, 2 sprinters (Cav and Hunter), I can't see any benefit in keeping my transfers for the weekend so may spread the risk and pick up two chances of winning seeing as Hunter isn't doing anything.

Pages

Latest Comments