Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 12

Morning all, big day today with the real possibility of a shake up in the fantasy standings.

Guaranteed breakaway with the possibility of a breakaway win, I predict a big group of 12+ going away and most of them staying away to the end with a 3-5 minute lead.

I'm utterly hopeless at picking breakaway guys and my usual pick, De Gendt, is too close in the GC to be allowed to go away so I've gone for extra guaranteed points in the form of Rubiano and Golas. I've also kept Cavendish and Hunter (another possible break rider) for the flat stage tomorrow.

My team:

Rodriguez
Hesjedal
Cavendish
Hunter

Pozzovivo
Caruso
Tiralongo
Rubiano
Golas

So, who're you hoping will get in the break and how do you think today will play out?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

67 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im gonna take big risks on saturday, Hesjedal to be axed for Nieve/Gadret

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I'm considering the same, I could feasibly have Rodriguez, Scarponi and Basso for Saturday but I'm not sure if I'd be jumping the gun a little. Even if he doesn't do well Hesjedal should still stay top 10 GC and finish top 20.

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I'm hoping Ryder hangs in there as I got 40-1 on him (each way) at the start of the tour! Tempted to axe J-Rod, he struggled in the Vuelta once the going got really tough. But he's probably much fresher now... I dunno. I'm feeling like taking some risks, so maybe...

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod
Henao
Hesjedal
Basso
Caruso
Pozzovivo
Samoilau
Barta
Felline

So small chance of a break but probably just GC points today. Leaves me with enough transfers to bring in 2 sprinters for tomorrow and still have exactly the team I want for Saturday...

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think I was half asleep when i made my transfers.....

Think my team is

J-Rod
Haeno
Hesjedal
Kreuziger

Caruso
Pozzovivo
Demare
Kristoff
Huzarski

I didnt really look at the stage profile, so didnt put in a breakaway guy  2 hoping a sprinter like Kristoff or Demare my give a break ago (although unlikely as tomorrow is flat)

Oh well it cant get much worse than yesterday!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can't see Uran or Henao being allowed to get away but Flecha has a good chance, it all depends on who gets in the break, it could take 3 or 4 attempts today for the right break to form and if Flecha isn't in that one then he's missed it. Should be a fast first hour or so at any rate.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not made many changes, like most people i never get in the breaks!  2

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Matthew Goss (GRE)
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Benat Intxausti (MOV)
Dario Cataldo (OPQ)
Damiano Caruso (LIQ)
Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Miguel Angel Rubiano (AND)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)

Would like to see a sky man in the break only Eisel needs to work for Cav today so the others can push on  3

Pages

Latest Comments