Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 11

Its a long haul today, are we expecting a sprint? I've decided against bringing Cav back in, which makes him a nailed-on certainty for the stage. Visconti's back yard, and he's been there or thereabouts for a few days (ie since I transferred him out...) so might he be interested too?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Who caused the crash?

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not as bad as it could've been, but 28 points lost thanks to the new random transfer deadline :(. I'm ****ed off.X(

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Chicchi remembered he's the team sprinter!  14

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

not sure what happened with the transfer deadline, i'm investigating that

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Goss finished 10 minutes down, Kristoff and Guardini nowhere either, Schleck managed to lose 46 seconds today. Forget about TTing, that man can't descend for toffee. There's a huge descent to finish a stage in the next week, that could break Schleck long before the TT.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No-one was at fault for the crash bar the race organisers. They made the corner to tight, MASSIVE exit (plenty of room to drop you bike and slide) and then into a narrow exit. It was always going to happen.

I think it was Modolo who went down first, but it was just a case of riders going into a tight bend and their wheels going from underneath them rather than anyone causing a mass pile up

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

What a fail today  2

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've said before, I like technical sprints more than long straight drags but I admit, three crashes (two down to the organisers) is too many and when they as a race want to attract the top sprinters they need to sort it out for next year. Cav, Goss and the other top sprinters won't keep turning up if theres more chance of a broken collarbone than a couple of stage wins as they build up to the TdF.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Average day, 88 points and gained 4 places, still 171 points behind 1st though, no bike for me  20

Pages

Latest Comments