Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 11

Its a long haul today, are we expecting a sprint? I've decided against bringing Cav back in, which makes him a nailed-on certainty for the stage. Visconti's back yard, and he's been there or thereabouts for a few days (ie since I transferred him out...) so might he be interested too?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

Bodsey replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

The transfer deadline's closed already??? I'm sure when I checked last night it was 11:35.

Me too. In fact I couldn't complete my transfers last night due to the site slowing down. Just now I clicked the green button with 19 minutes to go, only to get the closed message.

Maybe there's good reason for this 10.55am cut-off http://www.gazzetta.it/static_images/ciclismo/giroditalia/2012/pdf/doc_c... just a shame I didn't check gazzetta earlier. Didn't the game have the wrong transfer cut-off time just a few days ago, if I recall correctly some one said it wouldn't happen again?

Was intending to swap Cav for JRod and Caruso for Balloni. Would love it if a little discretion could be used.  3

Thanks for the great game anyway, really enjoying it & not really complaining, as I've not paid for the premium side or anything.  1

Wig_Billy replied to Bodsey | 11 years ago
0 likes
Bodsey wrote:
Wig_Billy wrote:

The transfer deadline's closed already??? I'm sure when I checked last night it was 11:35.

Me too. In fact I couldn't complete my transfers last night due to the site slowing down. Just now I clicked the green button with 19 minutes to go, only to get the closed message.

Maybe there's good reason for this 10.55am cut-off http://www.gazzetta.it/static_images/ciclismo/giroditalia/2012/pdf/doc_c... just a shame I didn't check gazzetta earlier. Didn't the game have the wrong transfer cut-off time just a few days ago, if I recall correctly some one said it wouldn't happen again?

Surely we should have some notice though?

drheaton wrote:

Or, if the peloton ends up sat on their backsides on the floor again you could be on to a winner! Anyway, I was half tempted to give up on today and save my transfers for the big breakaway stage tomorrow so you could still do really well out of it.

I was intending to save 1 transfer for tomorrow anyway, but I might end up taking an extra risk now (depending on the result today of course). It's just frustrating to look at Scarponi in my team knowing that he wont score me any points, while Cav might end up with 40.

drheaton replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:
Bodsey wrote:
Wig_Billy wrote:

Surely we should have some notice though?

drheaton wrote:

Or, if the peloton ends up sat on their backsides on the floor again you could be on to a winner! Anyway, I was half tempted to give up on today and save my transfers for the big breakaway stage tomorrow so you could still do really well out of it.

I was intending to save 1 transfer for tomorrow anyway, but I might end up taking an extra risk now (depending on the result today of course). It's just frustrating to look at Scarponi in my team knowing that he wont score me any points, while Cav might end up with 40.

Windows closing after the stage start time was raised a couple of days ago and I think Dave was looking at all the other stages to see if it was likely to happen again, he may have changed the closing time for today's window but not updated all the literature so it might be worth dropping him an email.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod
Hesjedal
Cavendish
Hunter

Caruso
Tiralongo
Pozzovivo
Demare
Guardini

These flat-mountain-flat stage changes are really making it hard to really overhaul my team and get it right for any one particular day. I guess it's all about guaranteed points on both types of stage and making the best use of the two transfers each day.

Really looking forward to the next 10 stages though, this is where the game gets fun for me, in the high mountains.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well I had 2 transfers and went goss and Kristoff, so my team looks like this

J-Rod
Hesjedal
Haeno
Goss

Guardini
Kristoff
Demare
Caruso
Pozzovivo

Maybe not as strong as other teams, but as more stages pass the more im shaping it into how id like it

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Well I had 2 transfers and went goss and Kristoff, so my team looks like this

J-Rod
Hesjedal
Haeno
Goss

Guardini
Kristoff
Demare
Caruso
Pozzovivo

Maybe not as strong as other teams, but as more stages pass the more im shaping it into how id like it

Again, we have the same stars TER - In fact, swap Guardini and Demare for Barta (random pick for a break) and Felline, and we'd have exactly the same team!

Was considering Hunter, but the commentator said that he'd been feeling really ill on Monday, so I'm not sure if he's fully recovered.

drheaton replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Again, we have the same stars TER - In fact, swap Guardini and Demare for Barta (random pick for a break) and Felline, and we'd have exactly the same team!

Was considering Hunter, but the commentator said that he'd been feeling really ill on Monday, so I'm not sure if he's fully recovered.

At this point in the race anyone with any idea what they're doing will have pretty much the same team, I can't see many top teams not having J-Rod & Hesjedal unless they've dropped them for Cav and Goss today. That's what makes it so hard to catch the leaders, I'm 165 points down but there's no way now for me to catch the top teams unless I completely luck out and pick breakaway stage winners for the next 10 days in a row!

I didn't know about Hunter's illness which is annoying but he was a shot in the dark anyway and Bos has been so crap this last tour that I can't see him getting the nod over Renshaw for today.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gone Cav, Goss, Kristoff and Demare will drop Cav tomorrow but bring him back friday and saturday ditch all my sprinters till friday next week  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had the choice between Cav and Hunter/Bos or Goss and Visconti/Modolo. Went for Cav and Hunter purely because at 10 credits I can leave Hunter in for a couple of days while I move my riders around.

Expecting a Cav win today, SKY know the area, the Brits all lived/trained there for years as part of the academy so it's a no-brainer that they'll go after this one, just hoping that I don't lose out on too many points by not aving Goss/Kristoff or Soupe.

FYI, my girlfriend who knows nothing about cycling (but who's picked two winners already this week) thought I should go for Soupe because she likes his name. If you haven't already used you transfers you should get him  4

Pages

Latest Comments