Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 10

Today looks like a similar day to Sunday with a breakaway going away only for the high pace of the Liquigas/Astana led peleton to bring it back together ahead of the final climbs.

I wouldn't put it past J-Rod to get another top 3 finish today although I expect a similar result to Sunday with 1 or 2 riders going away on the final climb to fight it out for the win.

My team:
Rodriguez
Uran
Hesjedal
Gasparatto (dubious choice, could win, could be a DS for Kreuziger/Tiralongo again)

Tiralongo
Pozzovivo
Demare
Guardini
Caruso

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

drheaton replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
fluffchucker wrote:

Pozzato's a gonner with a broken hand  20

After his blunder yesterday I've no sympathy!

Accidents happen and it's never nice to see a rider having to withdraw, especially from your home tour where you've been hoping to do well.

livestrongnick replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:
fluffchucker wrote:

Pozzato's a gonner with a broken hand  20

After his blunder yesterday I've no sympathy!

Accidents happen and it's never nice to see a rider having to withdraw, especially from your home tour where you've been hoping to do well.

Yep i see your point.
With an almost hairpin corner 300m from the finish a crash was inevitable! So it could have been any number of riders make an error.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was tempted by Cataldo but thought today would better suit Tiralongo. Hoping to make as few changes as possible over the next day or two to try and build up to 4 transfers for the first big mountain stage, although my team is pretty climb-y at the minutes so I may not need to bother although it'd be nice to swap out Demare and Guardini.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone for this

J-Rod
Hesjedal
Haeno
Scarponi

Caruso
Pozzovivo
Vicioso
Demare
Guardini

decided to for scarponi over cataldo (put caruso in instead), as the transfer of scarponi for Goss gives me more wiggle room tomorrow and for the future

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Matthew Goss (GRE)
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Giovanni Visconti (MOV)
Dario Cataldo (OPQ)
Damiano Caruso
Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Alexander Kristoff (KAT)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)

Jrod back in for Cav and Put in Cataldo going on his previous tours he should stay up in the GC  16

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Should be a good stage finish....Feel that Scarponi may test his legs again,but have a feeling that it will just be to chase a diminutive South American....
So Scarponi,Pozzovivo,J-Rod against the Androni guys for me...

Pages

Latest Comments