Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Consolation Points for Crashed Riders please!!!

My Fantasy team points have been devastated AGAIN by riders NOT in my team causing riders IN my team to crash at the last bend. Cav twice, and Goss once....

Hey Road.cc how about awarding some consolation points to riders who are brought down on the last corner????

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think someone should design a race with a sprint finish that's like one of those mini-golf holes where you hit the ball into one of 3 tunnels and you don't know which one is going to lead you directly to the cup until the ball comes out the other side.  4

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im all for different types of sprints but that corner was just ridiculous...You can say that its the same for everyone...but there was always going to be an incident...And guess what...there was.....arguably good viewing but feel for the riders when faced with such silliness...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I disagree, unless you have all the top sprinters there there isn't much interest in a sprint run on a flat straight road 1+ km long, technical sprints are interesting as they don't just test pure power, they test bike handling and tactics. How interesting would it be if Cav just won all the flat stages because on a long straight road he's always going to be the fastest?

Yes it's crap that Cav and Goss were taken out and we were denied the chance to see them battle it out but Ventoso was in a position where he didn't get taken out, surely that deserves some credit?

I'm all for some difference in sprints from the standard (and boring) straight road shoot-outs.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Have to agree Alan....If the Iti`s had a top draw sprinter that corner would not have been there.....  2

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've had the same thing twice as well. And both times my riders have been brought down by my wife's. But it's part of the game. Who wins is down to luck as well as judgement. It was worse in the Tour of Qatar and Oman. At least yesterday the riders who got the big points were not in many teams and Cav got the same points as Purito who I transferred out for him so no great harm done. Just a wasted transfer.

It's difficult to say who was to blame yesterday as well as Goss braked a bit I believe, according to some reports, and maybe Pozzato wasn't expecting it. It wasn't like the Ferrari case. Also, the real cause of the crash is the organisers putting in these corners when they know they're all riding fast. If you were cynical you would say it was deliberate.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari was already docked those fantasy points by being relegated.

manxfelipe | 11 years ago
0 likes

True, end of the day it's just bad luck. I'd transferred Cav and Goss in today too but after a decent run lately, topped by somehow fluking Rubiano the other day, knew a change of fortune wouldn't too be far away! But that's what makes the game interesting!  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Causing a crash can be completely subjective, and you don't have to cause a crash to stop someone winning, blocking and headbutting work just as well  4

enrique replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
manxfelipe wrote:

... minus points for riders causing a crash could be fun...  4

That! would be cool! That would make the game a lot more fun!  1

drheaton wrote:

... you don't have to cause a crash to stop someone winning, blocking and headbutting work just as well  4

How about minus 5 points each for headbutting or blocking?... But...  1 Who's going to tally these at the end of the stage?

On a different note, just like in the race, if Ferrari was docked 17 points or so from his sprint points, maybe the game should have docked him 5 or so, too!  1

Gkam84 wrote:

I know its a fantasy game, but thats fantasy thinking  3 ... I'll request... points for the riders i didn't pick

Another great idea!  1

manxfelipe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not sure consolation points for crashed riders would work cos where would you draw the line? But minus points for riders causing a crash could be fun though!  4

midgetdutts | 11 years ago
0 likes

Makes it more interesting for those of us who had neither Cav or Goss in their team. It really would be very dull if there weren't any surprises every now and again!

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

The rage you feel when something like this happens to one of your riders is just a small taste of what the affected riders, teams, sponsors, etc. feel. It's a painful part of the race experience, so it should be a painful part of the game.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's the taking part that counts so scrap GC and stage points and give everyone 10 points per stage  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know its a fantasy game, but thats fantasy thinking  3

If you want that, I'll request that i get points for the riders i didn't pick but should have. I normally have a list of 12-15 riders per race/stage that i decide between. So i'll have points for the 3-6 i cant/dont pick  19

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

That's cycling racing.

Doaky | 11 years ago
0 likes

Had Cav and Goss too but hey we're not alone! Im sure 90% of players had them! Still have green arrows so musnt have been many high scores! Both Cav and Goss are out jn favour of a climber or two anyway!!!  1  4

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

... how about awarding some consolation points to riders who [crash]?...

I kind of agree!  1

drheaton wrote:

Sorry, but that's racing. I had Goss but crashes happen, its part of racing... If you award consolation points what next?...

Well, crap, if we give 10 points to the last man rolling in, why not 1 point to anyone who crashes during the stage?... I'm kidding, of course, but I like the idea!  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, but that's racing. I had Goss but crashes happen, its part of racing.

If you award consolation points what next? How about giving Theo Bos some points because he's out of form or Hushovd some points today because its not his fault he's ill... I'd argue that Cavendish should only get half points for sprint stages anyway because he's clearly faster than everyone else and that isn't fair on the likes of Modolo and Haedo..

The rules are the rules, its set out from the start and the same for everyone.

adholman replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

you are right!! (I was just throwing my toys at Pozzatto today because I had Cav and Goss!!)

fraser | 11 years ago
0 likes

Should get negative points if you have the riders in your team who cause the crashes as well  4

Latest Comments