Home

This is a big chance for the climbers and GC to rest their aching legs and let the sprinters have some fun, mind you Garmin & Hesjedal will need to keep an eye on things but as GT says Sky will probably help out to bring it all back together for a sprint.

Now who do i put in and who to leave  39

45 comments

chrisdstripes [1716 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I've just spent about half an hour trying to decide whether or not to bring in Robbie Hunter for tomorrow. Shouldn't I have better things to do with my time?

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I've just been writing down calculations to see who can give me the 9 GC points I'll lose from JRod, swapping him for cav!  16
not many options! after 3 very crap days i need all the points i can scrounge  16

AWPeleton [3263 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

On a Sunday night when there is nothing but s***e on tv until stage 1 of the tour of california comes on at 2230hrs then the simple answer is no !

Made 2 massive transfers tonight - got rid of J-Rod and Basso for Cav and Goss - might live to regret that if they dont show up tomoro  20

0 likes

JRod out Cav in
Balloni out Caruso in

drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Either
Gasparatto out and Haedo in
Sella out and Chicchi/Bonnet in

Or

Uran out Goss in
Sella out Soupe in

I could swap Rodriguez for Cav and still bring in Haedo or Modolo but it seems a wasted transfer swapping the same guy out and in for one stage.

nickobec [246 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Anybody who transferred out JRod for Cav or thinking of it, have you see Tuesday's finish profile? You will want JRod back.

drheaton I am keeping Gasparatto for that finish, then he will be gone, real sprint team for Wednesday

I am hoping for a breakaway to succeed today, otherwise with only 2 on sprinters Goss & Demare, I will slip down in the standings

0 likes

Thats been my dilemma, whether to bring Cav in for J-Rod knowing I'll just be reversing it tomorrow. I'm way back so I thought I'd take the risk and bring Cav in. Problem is, if a small break gets to the finish, Cav is unlikely to sprint hard for minor placings, so its an all or nothing move...

0 likes

Given the that next stages are:

9. Flat
10. Med Mountain with an uphill finish
11. Flat
12. Medium Mountain (breakaway)
13. Flat
14. High mountain

I can't decide whether to save some transfers or whether to use two a day swapping between sprinters and climbers.

Think I'm going:
Uran -> Goss
Sella -> Caruso (for 9 guaranteed points per stage at the minute)

Then it'll be Uran back in for Goss tomorrow as my only change (although might ditch Gasparatto), possibly Goss back in the stage after aiming to leave me with 4 transfers to use ahead of the first high mountain stage.

0 likes

I've got rid of J-Rod for Cav and Basso for Goss. Even if it means switching them back and forward each day i dont mind as the basis of my team stays the same.

And if it works out ok then i should benefit with my points total.

STEVESPRO 79 [541 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Took the gamble of leaving out the Manxman,so I have my fingers crossed for a breakaway going all the way and then Cav will sit up,as minor places are not on his radar...  17

0 likes

Cav is only 10 points behind Goss  39 for the red jersey so he may go for it today.

This week is the sprinters main chance as next week its no good for them so i think the sprinters teams may psuh to close down any breakaway.

Well thats what i'm hoping

TERatcliffe26 [4579 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

No Cav for me either (1 because I couldnt afford him and Goss) and by taking in Goss for Visconti and leaving J-Rod in, I should get 9 points

0 likes

I like how anyone bringing Cav in describes it as a gamble, and anyone leaving him out also describes it as a gamble!

I'm happy with my DS line-up so am alternating between star sprinters (Cav + 1) and star GC (J-Rod + 1) for the next couple of stages, keeping Goss and Hesjedal in throughout. Tricky though - today, Weds and Fri are fairly flat, but are by no means nailed on sprint finishes...

TERatcliffe26 [4579 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

See i dont like my DS setup!

my team is

Goss
J-Rod
Hesjedal
Haeno

Pozzovivo
Ulissi
Vicioso
Demare
Guardini

tomorrow I will replace Ulissi and Vicioso

0 likes

Rodriguez
Goss
Hesjedal
Gasparatto

Kristoff
Demare
Guardini
Caruso
Pozzovivo

expecting an average score, somewhere around 80, assuming no major changes in GC or other jerseys, I work it out as 38 points guaranteed before the actual stage result, max of around 120 if my DS sprinters do well.

My ideal situation today is for Cav to end up in a hedge 10km from the finish and for all the GC guys to be up in the top 20 to keep out of trouble.

0 likes

4 Had Goss anyways so have both Goss and Cav for a good day of points, then drop them both for GC contenders!  3

Gotta get my 2nd in South West back  14 which would make me the top premium player in South West  16

But as i sit here thnking about it, the tight bend 300m from the end would be ideal for Jrod to steal 10 secs and take the Pink Jersey.............  13 7

Wig_Billy [577 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

According to FDJ's twitter, Soupe will be their protected rider today.  22

Gkam84 [9080 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

With not having much access. I left my team as was and will have 4 transfers tomorrow because i missed the deadline

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Filippo Pozzato (FAR)
Daniel Moreno (KAT)
Jose Humberto Rujano (AND)
Domenico Pozzovivo (COG)
Dennis Vanendert (LOT)
Stef Clement (RAB) (withdrawn)
Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Jon Izagirre (EUS)

0 likes

My full team, hoping for a sprint today, is...

Cavendish, Goss, Modolo, Hesjedal
Kristoff, Guardini, Pozzovivo, Felline, Barta

For tomorrow I'll bring in Rodriguez and a cheap-ish star that I have a good feeling about for the stage win...

0 likes
Quote:

Finally, a trio of riders has gotten away: Pierre Cazaux (Euskaltel), Brian Bulgac (Lotto-Belisol) and Martijn Keizer (Vacansoleil). They have build up a 3'30" lead over the bunch, which lets them get up the road.

But no KoM points on offer and (I think) only one sprint so not many points to be had from those riders.

0 likes
Quote:

Italian weather forecast is indicating a high risk of showers for Frosinone in the afternoon

Fingers crossed it rains  19 anything to stop Cav from winning today.

Simon_MacMichael [2448 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Giro have confirmed raining at finish. Pozzovivo probably knew that already - apparently when not on the bike, he's either playing the piano or dabbling in amateur meteorology.

I love background like that  3

Simon_MacMichael [2448 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Oh. Now RAI are saying it isn't raining. The clouds look pretty ominous going from those pics just now though.

0 likes

Interesting - Cav goes for the intermediate sprint points...

frankiejay [150 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Wow. Rodriguez attacks with 6k to go. Strange.

0 likes
Quote:

Rabottini (Franese) tries his luck on the uphill. He can't get away significantly but a few other riders have gone, too. It's Joaquim Rodriguez!

Quote:

He has a teammate with him, Vicioso we think.

Hope this sticks!

0 likes

Attack already over. J-Rod has to worry about losing time now!

0 likes

Wow. All my riders took each other out. Wow.

Pozzato, Goss, and Cavendish all crashed into each other.

Gkam84 [9080 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

WTF are they doing putting a corner in like that, Also, What was my guy for today Pozzato playing at.

The only benefit to me was Goss and Cav getting held up and doing down  19

0 likes

I went from thinking "I'm going to go 1-2-3 with Cav Goss and Pozzato" to "They all crashed into each other!!!!!"

Crap.

Pages