Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stolen Bike?!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

step-hent | 11 years ago
0 likes

£1000? At 20% of the new value, that sounds a lot like the way my (stolen) S-Works SL3 was advertised - the thieves didn't know what they had, so just googled and copied information (including a geometry chart) off the net. The police target ads like that as likely stolen bikes. Might be worth passing on the details so they can check it against their list...

Super Domestique replied to step-hent | 11 years ago
0 likes
step-hent wrote:

£1000? At 20% of the new value, that sounds a lot like the way my (stolen) S-Works SL3 was advertised - the thieves didn't know what they had, so just googled and copied information (including a geometry chart) off the net. The police target ads like that as likely stolen bikes. Might be worth passing on the details so they can check it against their list...

I didn't want to seem negative or anything but ^ this ^ is what I should have said on reflection!

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Does seem a bit cheap but you never know.

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

it was this bike: http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/bikes-c5/road-bikes-c18/cannondale-supe...

I have the guys contact details.

If I bought I would sell it on for a profit.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

The ad has gone so couldn't view it. Did you buy it?

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

He said he will take £1000, no problems.

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

He said he will take £1000, no problems.

abandoneur | 11 years ago
0 likes

Offer him a grand and see what he says.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think so, If it was stolen then unless the thief was a cyclist, why would they bother to include a geometry chart in the pictures?

It is rather cheap, considering the dura ace model is around £4500. But if it was a gift, then the seller is not losing anything  3

Latest Comments