Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 3

I knew I should have stuck with the danes.
Mads is in the break.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

75 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rather than everyone's love of Cav clouding their judgement  3

I'm being impartial, Cav moans like hell about everyone else, but then does everything he moans about. I may not be his biggest fan, but i'm looking at this as i would any incident. I don't think Ferrari is in the wrong, he moved to give himself a chance of winning because he had move speed. If Cav had moved slight to his right, there was plenty of room, Cav didn't even try that.

Maybe there wasn't time, it would have been a split second choice. But Ferrari was ahead and in a sprint, your entitled to go for the line you would and i think his move was fair and not a dangerous one, Just because it caused a crash, doesn't make it dangerous, Cav could have moved

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari has been dropped to 192nd home  14

Wig_Billy replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Rather than everyone's love of Cav clouding their judgement  3

I'm being impartial, Cav moans like hell about everyone else, but then does everything he moans about. I may not be his biggest fan, but i'm looking at this as i would any incident. I don't think Ferrari is in the wrong, he moved to give himself a chance of winning because he had move speed. If Cav had moved slight to his right, there was plenty of room, Cav didn't even try that.

Maybe there wasn't time, it would have been a split second choice. But Ferrari was ahead and in a sprint, your entitled to go for the line you would and i think his move was fair and not a dangerous one, Just because it caused a crash, doesn't make it dangerous, Cav could have moved

2.3.036 Sprints
Riders shall be strictly forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others.

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Beer anyone?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 GOSS Matthew Harley
2 HAEDO Juan Jose'
3 FARRAR Tyler
4 DEMARE Arnaud
5 RENSHAW Mark
6 HUSHOVD Thor
7 KRISTOFF Alexander
8 FEILLU Romain
9 BEPPU Fumiyuki
10 GUARDINI Andrea
11 RASMUSSEN Alex
12 SOUPE Geoffrey
13 BAUER Jack
14 SCHORN Daniel
15 NIZZOLO Giacomo
16 BELLETTI Manuel
17 VENTOSO ALBERDI Francisco
18 HUNTER Robert
19 FAVILLI EliaI
20 VAITKUS Tomas

Gkam84 replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

2.3.036 Sprints
Riders shall be strictly forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others.

Thats all fine and well, but i would have said Ferrari launched his sprint in the movement to go round Farrar, not sooner

Anyways, he's been dropped to last home in the bunch

Rvizzle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Jesus, missed it live but just caught up. Hope Cav is alright, looked terrible. Safe to say that's my squad knackered!

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

10 points for Farrar finishing last!

Full classification on gazetta.it

Gkam84 replied to veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

10 points for Farrar finishing last!

Phinney you mean  3 and he is still listed as the leader and not withdrawn  4

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Film of Phinney's ankle  31

Oops ... yes Phinney of course - thanks Gkam.

I was thinking of Stage 20!  4

noddy69 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferraris move was dangerous , how people are arguing it wasnt I dont know. It wasnt even close to being safe,in the heat of the Giro he lost his composure.
If cav swerves to avoid him he risks taking everyone else out and he really would have had to move, he cant break thats unsafe too. So In my humble opinion he got what he deserved in being demoted, it might make him think next time.

As for phinney continuing which is reported. Didnt he cross the line in an ambulance? Does this not mean he did not finish the stage and is out? Or did he cross line before he got in?

Stefan | 11 years ago
0 likes

If Phinney is in the GC then all of my riders score  1 I couldn't afford Cav without taking out Goss and someone else.

It seems odd to me that Ferrari should take that line, when a potentially better line was off to his left, I would certainly be in favour of him taking a penalty there, if not removal from the race, it was a horrendous line!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

From what was shown, it was only an ambulance. But i think if he's being listed as crossing the line, that was him with his bike and then he got in the ambulance

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im annoyed that my already rubbish points score from today has got even worse now ferrari has been removed. Although it was the correct decision for me.

Now to try and resurrect my team for wednesday

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It might work out ok for me, because i have the problems with transfers, i didn't make any yesterday as it was blocked, I did email Dave the transfers i would like, but it might block me again, so i don't know if he can change them, so my team as it stands is

Marzio Bruseghin (MOV)
Mark Cavendish (SKY)
Geraint Thomas (SKY)
Romain Feillu (VCD)
Domenico Pozzovivo (COG)
Alex Rasmussen (GRM)
Stef Clement (RAB)
Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Taylor Phinney (BMC)

If they transfers go through, i'll lose Feillu's points  20 But at least i have Thomas, Rasmussen, Demare and Phinney all scoring  4

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Phinney talking like there's a chance he stays in the race. Doubtful, I suppose, but really encouraging to hear!

Via cycling news: "I must have hit something when I fell. It’s a pity that it happened and hopefully it’s nothing important. It’s lucky tomorrow is a rest day."

Why talk about a rest day if he's not considering staying in the race?

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant. Ferrari now last man home. Does that mean he scores points instead of Phinney?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Any decision on injured riders is always taken as late as possible, the rest day gives teams an extra .24hrs to make those calls so its not surprising that Phinney isn't 100% out yet. BMC will wait till Weds morning and will want him to ride, if only in the TTT.

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

I transferred Goss in yesterday. Come to look at the scores today after being out and found is was my original team  14

livestrongnick replied to obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick wrote:

Brilliant. Ferrari now last man home. Does that mean he scores points instead of Phinney?

The Cycling news write up says he's last, but the official result puts him 192  39

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Phinney was the last man to cross the line so will be last, although Ferrari was DQ he wasn't the last actual man to cross the line. I'd go official results

Gkam84 replied to obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick wrote:

Ferrari wont be last even because of his demotion because he just gets put to the back of the group he finished in. Phinney will be last because he was last over the line but will keep GC because it was in the last 3km

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

anyone know when the scores are going up?

Gkam84 replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

anyone know when the scores are going up?

Whenever Dave gets round to it  3 No rush though, rest day tomorrow  26

Also, Londonplayer, well done, you got the 100,000 post on the forum  3

0 likes

ooo is there a prize for that as well?  3

0 likes

10,000th I think - unless you know different?

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just like Tommeke Boonen has a twitterban imposed for the first hour after a race, I think SKY should protect Cav from himself by cancelling his twitter account all together. He sounds a bit like a petulant child right now. Not saying I disagree with him, but he should let the jury decide what to do with Ferrari and not begging for a (Ferrari) red card.

(Sorry, poor pun)

Debarrio replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
frankiejay wrote:

Does Phinney get the same time, even if he's taken by ambulance at this point?

(I realize this is splitting hairs, but I'm wondering if he still gets the GC points)

If he hasn't crossed the line under his own steam, then he's out and i think he crossed it in the ambulance

Re Phinney having to physically cross the line, from the BMC site:
"Though he was not required by race rules to physically cross the finish line (since the mishap occurred in the final three kilometers), Phinney said he was feeling better and wanted to make an appearance on the podium. "I wanted to show the fans and the public and my family watching at home that I was OK," he said. "I felt like it was important to do that, to come back.""

Gkam84 replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

10,000th I think - unless you know different?

Well i quoted comment number 100000

Thats 100,000 i would say  3

But NO, no prize, i was just pointing it out  19  19  19

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

You can look at it two ways (the crash i mean) either Ferrari was a complete knacker and should know better or that in the heat of the moment he made an incorrect decision.

Regardless of either arguement its caused bloody mayhem !!!

Pages

Latest Comments