Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 3

I knew I should have stuck with the danes.
Mads is in the break.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

75 comments

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

From Cycling News "The provisional results have listed Taylor Phinney as the maglia rosa, so he has made it across the line, but it remains to be seen if he will be able to continue in this Giro after that fall."

But I suppose they don't know if he crossed in the ambulance or not.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pretty poor from ferrari

Broken ankle for Phinney?

and nope he has to cross the line by himself with his bike

and as fantasy goes that was pretty rubbish again!!! and now looking like an enforced change taking phinney out

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Phinney out i think, Cav is a lucky boy, Demare just missed taking his head off, someone bunny hopes over him aswell

0 likes

Does Phinney get the same time, even if he's taken by ambulance at this point?

(I realize this is splitting hairs, but I'm wondering if he still gets the GC points)

Gkam84 replied to frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes
frankiejay wrote:

(I realize this is splitting hairs, but I'm wondering if he still gets the GC points)

If he hasn't crossed the line under his own steam, then he's out and i think he crossed it in the ambulance

Debarrio replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
frankiejay wrote:

If he hasn't crossed the line under his own steam, then he's out and i think he crossed it in the ambulance

Re Phinney having to physically cross the line, from the BMC site:
"Though he was not required by race rules to physically cross the finish line (since the mishap occurred in the final three kilometers), Phinney said he was feeling better and wanted to make an appearance on the podium. "I wanted to show the fans and the public and my family watching at home that I was OK," he said. "I felt like it was important to do that, to come back.""

0 likes

I've had the winner all three days at least... but not much else today, and just feel awful for Phinney.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Goss
JJ Haedo
Farrar
Demare
Renshaw
Hushovd
Kristoff
Feillu
Ferrari
Beppu
Guardini
Rasmussen
Soupe
Bauer
Schorn

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The guy i took in took Cav out, Ferrari moved across and took his front wheel

0 likes

Ugh, if Phinney goes out like this I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Damn Ferrari caused it.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Goss wins and cav walks his bike over the line on his shoulder. Phinney still down and looks in BIG pain

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Opppps

Everyone took Cav in and he decided to have a nap on the floor  3

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think ive badly messed up my team, gonna take too much work to get this back on track

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Navardauskas is in the break as well, and he came second in the intermediate sprint.  4

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

i'm thinking as i couldn't afford to transfer him in, it'll be Farrar's day dedicated to W.W. :'(

Pages

Latest Comments