Home

I knew I should have stuck with the danes.
Mads is in the break.

75 comments

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

i'm thinking as i couldn't afford to transfer him in, it'll be Farrar's day dedicated to W.W. :'(

Wig_Billy [578 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Navardauskas is in the break as well, and he came second in the intermediate sprint.  4

TERatcliffe26 [4642 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I think ive badly messed up my team, gonna take too much work to get this back on track

Gkam84 [9086 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Opppps

Everyone took Cav in and he decided to have a nap on the floor  3

0 likes

Goss wins and cav walks his bike over the line on his shoulder. Phinney still down and looks in BIG pain

frankiejay [150 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Ugh, if Phinney goes out like this I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Damn Ferrari caused it.

0 likes

The guy i took in took Cav out, Ferrari moved across and took his front wheel

0 likes

Goss
JJ Haedo
Farrar
Demare
Renshaw
Hushovd
Kristoff
Feillu
Ferrari
Beppu
Guardini
Rasmussen
Soupe
Bauer
Schorn

0 likes

I've had the winner all three days at least... but not much else today, and just feel awful for Phinney.

0 likes

Does Phinney get the same time, even if he's taken by ambulance at this point?

(I realize this is splitting hairs, but I'm wondering if he still gets the GC points)

0 likes

Phinney out i think, Cav is a lucky boy, Demare just missed taking his head off, someone bunny hopes over him aswell

0 likes
frankiejay wrote:

Does Phinney get the same time, even if he's taken by ambulance at this point?

(I realize this is splitting hairs, but I'm wondering if he still gets the GC points)

If he hasn't crossed the line under his own steam, then he's out and i think he crossed it in the ambulance

0 likes

Pretty poor from ferrari

Broken ankle for Phinney?

and nope he has to cross the line by himself with his bike

and as fantasy goes that was pretty rubbish again!!! and now looking like an enforced change taking phinney out

0 likes

From Cycling News "The provisional results have listed Taylor Phinney as the maglia rosa, so he has made it across the line, but it remains to be seen if he will be able to continue in this Giro after that fall."

But I suppose they don't know if he crossed in the ambulance or not.

0 likes

OK, BMC saying he is out.

chrisdstripes [1728 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Question from a layman - what happens in this situation with Ferrari? Will he come in for any punishment, or is it just seen as part of the racing?

If Phinney crossed in the ambulance then is that a Welshman in the Pink Jersey? Not the way he would've wanted it, but chuffed for Thomas all the same if thats the case. Gutted for Phinney.

veseunr [257 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari could well be disqualified too .... seen people thrown out for less!

(Remember Hushovd v Cav in Inter Sprint TdF?)

0 likes

I wouldn't say it was poor from Ferrari, He was ahead of Cav, moving for position to get his sprint going. Its the sort of thing Cav likes to moan about but does himself all the time

0 likes

Really?? People saying Ferrari should be punished?

Thats a racing incident, its not mirror, signal, manoeuvre in racing, it is what it is

0 likes

its the danger of the move, its not a slight deviation its a violent movement...in my book it was pretty poor.
To me it shouldn't matter if he was ahead, he should be more aware before making such a dramatic move.

Same as Rosberg in the F1 last week

chrisdstripes [1728 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

From cycling news 2 mins ago - Taylor Phinney is back on his feet and retains his overall lead.

0 likes

So, with Phinney out, I would say BMC no longer favorites for the TTT. Gotta be one of four teams, right?

Garmin
Sky
BMC
Green Edge

Who you got?

0 likes

and i wasn't saying he should necessarily be punished, i just thought it was poor

0 likes

By the way, the unsung hero here is Elia Favilli who bunny-hopped Cavendish when he was spread eagle on the ground. If not for that we may be having an entirely different conversation!

0 likes

An extra 10 points as last man home? Think I will axe him though and risk having no BMC riders

0 likes

Well he's Italian, so dont count on him being punished  3

But to me, its racing, his move was ok, he had more speed, you can't just get up to speed and then stay behind someone slower, you'd cause a crash, so yes his move may have caught out Cav, but Cav could have moved aswell, like everyone has to when he swings round people, Cav didn't move at all

0 likes
frankiejay wrote:

By the way, the unsung hero here is Elia Favilli who bunny-hopped Cavendish when he was spread eagle on the ground. If not for that we may be having an entirely different conversation!

Yeah that was a great move, bunny'd right over him, then his team mate slammed right into Cav. I can see it being the end of his race aswell, not many more flat stages left and if he's got a knock, he'll be out to recover for TdF

veseunr [257 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Favilli ... superb bike control  13

Did he use Cav as a ramp or just clean jump over?!

Wig_Billy [578 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Well he's Italian, so dont count on him being punished  3

But to me, its racing, his move was ok, he had more speed, you can't just get up to speed and then stay behind someone slower, you'd cause a crash, so yes his move may have caught out Cav, but Cav could have moved aswell, like everyone has to when he swings round people, Cav didn't move at all

I think your dislike of Cav is affecting your judgement.

0 likes
veseunr wrote:

Favilli ... superb bike control  13

Did he use Cav as a ramp or just clean jump over?!

Hard to tell but it looks clean like he didn't even touch him.

Pages