Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

RIBBLE SPORTIVE FRAME WHICH ONE

HI ALL,HAS ANYBODY ANY ADVICE ON RIBBLE FRAMES IAM LOOKING AT EITHER THE SPORTIVE 7046 CURVED WITH CARBON FORKS, OR THE BIANCO CARBON WITH FORKS,GOIN TO BUILD IT ON SHIMANO 105 AND MAVIC AKSIUMS,I MOSTLY DO WEEKEND SPINS AND SOME SPORTIVES NOTHING TO HECTIC,WOULD GOING FOR THE BIANCO BE WORTH THE EXTRA COST FOR WHAT IAM DOING, ALSO IAM 5FT9" RIBBLE RECOMMENDS THE 52 CM FRAME ,I CURRENTLY HAVE A CUBE ATTEMPT 53 CM FRAME AND THE REASON I WAS CHANGING IS BECAUSE IT FEELS TO SMALL AND CUBE SAID I SHOULD HAVE THE 55CM,I KNOW MANF RECOMMEND DIFF SIZES ,ANYBODY GOT A RIBBLE AND COULD OFFER SOME ADVICE ,THANKS

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah - STEALTH  3

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

STEALTH!!!

0 likes

sttteealllltthhhhh!!!!

0 likes

stealth!!!!

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

Stop it, you nasty person  3

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

You'll not put me off the Stealth with talk like that - my contact areas are more than sufficiently padded/pudgy  1

Psycling | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've been ridding a Ribble Nero corsa for 5 years now and I still love it to bits!! Sad I know but it makes me feel good every time I ride it. I'm 5'8 and bought the 47 cm frame with a long seat post and stem. I think it said to fit 5'2 to 5'7 so their sizing is pretty accurate. I upgraded mine with campag chorus group set and mavic kysirium SL wheels. I would definitely go for the carbon over the alu frame. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

alotronic | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ring them up about size - it they don't take your call don't buy from them! 53/55 is a very grey area, I am 51 high but 55 long so compromise at 54! Really it all depends on your relative leg/torso length and your experience, age, flexibility etc. I am finding these days that you need to be really careful with head tube length too. Hence the phone call.

As for the stealth, it's the obvious fast choice. De Rosa would probably mutter something about the quality of the carbon and they might have a point, but that is the same mould that's for sure.

Good luck!

Ultimateweevil | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got the ribble new sportive racing absolutely love it  4 I'm 5'10" and have the 55cm frame with a 100cm stem and it fits perfectly. The guys at ribble seem to know their stuff as this was what they recommended for me after chatting to them about it. I'd also tried out a few other bikes at a couple of my local shops and varied from a 52 to 56 so I think it is also down to the make and geometry

scaramanga replied to Ultimateweevil | 11 years ago
0 likes
Ultimateweevil wrote:

I've got the ribble new sportive racing absolutely love it  4 I'm 5'10" and have the 55cm frame with a 100cm stem and it fits perfectly.

Damn, you must have some seriously long arms.

Seriously though, a friend has the 'stealth' and having had a go on it I can confirm the quality is up there. I found the ride similar to my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX in terms of handling. Super stiff BB area. Stealth passed on a lot more road buzz through the hands and arse though.

baz69 replied to scaramanga | 11 years ago
0 likes

YOU WENT FOR THE RIBBLE SPORTIVE RACING ,AM THINKING OF GOING FOR THE BIANCO NOT SURE IF ITS OVERKILL FOR AMATEUR ROAD RIDING AND A FEW SPORTIVES OR SHOULD I GO FOR ALU SPORTIVE ?

Ultimateweevil replied to scaramanga | 11 years ago
0 likes
scaramanga wrote:

Damn, you must have some seriously long arms.

21 Yes I do have monkey arms unfortunately!

I'm pretty certain the Bianco frame is exactly the same as the sportive frame, for the money I think it's an excellent choice. I'm not racing mine yet but I am doing 100+ miles a week (weather permitting) and it's great for this as the head tube is slightly taller than the racier frames they do.

It's my first proper road bike, having been a MTBer for many a year recently so can't compare it to anything else other than the Alu bikes which were similarly priced I tested at my LBS and the Ribble is IMO brilliant for what I use it for.

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have a Bianco. It's great. I think all their carbon frames are pretty similar, just go for the one you like the look of.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Stealth and the Audax, frankly, are the only ribbles worth buying.

This is a nice picture:

andylul replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

This is a nice picture:

In what way?  4

Fat Lord in ill-matching lycra? Or Pina in colours of clean-as-a-whistle Alejandro Valverde?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Stealth obvs.

Look at the De Rosa, then the stealth:

andylul replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Stealth obvs.

Every time I look at this photo I smile and then cry because the Stealth frame I need is STILL out of stock :'(

Raleigh replied to andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes
andylul wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Stealth obvs.

Every time I look at this photo I smile and then cry because the Stealth frame I need is STILL out of stock :'(

54.5 cm right?  19

0 likes

stealth!!

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dupl post

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm a bit of a Ribble fan boy, and though I only have experience of miles on the Audax frame, the Sportive Bianco got rave reviews. Also interesting to note that the Stealth has a not-too-dissimilar frame to the excellent De Rosa R838 which I have had a go on.

Regardless of what you decide, it'll be hard to match the value for money you'll get.

Latest Comments