Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon

There have been discussions recently around the fact that people like the look/price of Canyon bikes, but different feeling about handing over £000s to find out that you aren't keen on the bike. So I asked Canyon UK for some info, emails shown below:

(they replied within 25 minutes!)

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Canyon doesn't have a showroom in the UK. Canyon has a showroom at the factory in Koblenz, Germany. Koblenz is an hour from Frankfurt airport on the train.

Canyon’s 30 day money back guarantee means that, providing the bike has not been used for more than a test ride on a clean, dry surface, we can offer an exchange or full refund anytime during the first 30 days after delivery of the goods. Full right of revocation terms are available on the following page: http://www.canyon.com/_uk/terms_conditions.html

Sincerely,

Cullen Ward - Canyon UK

Tel: 020 8501 2582 ,
Hours: Monday to Friday 10am - 5pm
Email: uk [at] canyon.com
Web: http://www.canyon.com/_uk

To ensure the fastest possible response please do not change the subject or ticket number when you reply to this email. Thank you.

Canyon Bicycles GmbH
Karl-Tesche-Str. 12
56073 Koblenz
Deutschland

CEO: Roman Arnold
HRB 2870, Amtsgericht Koblenz, Deutschland
Sales tax ID: DE 148719832

26/04/2012 12:50 -
Dan wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to view and test ride a Canyon bike before purchase in the UK?

Thanks,
Dan.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

Bobbys boys | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why isn't everyone on Canyons? New range looks incredible but still good value!

Where's my Xmas list?

jamjam | 11 years ago
0 likes

they're not doing it any more unfortunately, but a few months ago they were selling an ultimate cf, only 60g heavier than the slx, with shimano ultegra di2 for £1600. Now they're selling the ultimate al with ultegra di2 for £1700

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

That's amazing.

The cheapest decent Ribble with Ui2 is just under 2k.

Thought you might be interested.

New Stealth Frame + forks
Full Ultegra Ui2
Shimano R500 wheels
Deda Finishing stuff
Fizik Arione
Conti GP4000s tyres

brakesmadly | 11 years ago
0 likes

My new Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0 Di2 just arrived. looks stunning and as soon as the TdF highlights have finished I'll be trying it on the clean dry surface outside.  4

I've seen mixed reports about delivery times. Well I ordered on Saturday and it's now Thursday. I'd be impressed with that if it was from within the UK, but from Germany I'm amazed!

Oh - and with the exchange rate and the current offer it cost £1737.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Stop it!  4

Google now showing it as exchanging to £2,411

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

£2439 today for full Dura Ace carbon bike just like Greipel's last year ... exchange rate keeps going this way they will be giving them away soon.  20

0 likes

Some good info here, thanks. I'm not buying just yet, but definitely on the list.

Bobbys boys | 11 years ago
0 likes

And they do an end of season sale around Sept/Oct. They have nearly run out of stock then though (or at least had last year) so holding out til then may mean you miss the colour you want.

Absolutely superb bikes!

Sadly Biggins | 11 years ago
0 likes

My next bike will definitely be a Canyon. The only reason I didn't buy one last time was that the exchange rate was not good and they don't do 0% finance, which I needed to get the purchase past Mrs Biggins. I know I could have gone the credit card route but I got 3yrs 0% finance on my Cube Agree GTC and am very happy with it.

One other thing to bear in mind is that Canyon often have a price reduction during the TdF, so you might save a bit more cash if you can wait until July (and the £:€ exchange rate might move more in our favour too, depending on what happens in euroland).

The Good Shepherd | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought an Ultimate SLX 2009 model from the Outlet section of Canyon's website. It was brand new and greatly reduced due to it being a slightly older model than current ones. I can honestly say that it is one of the most comfortable and responsive frames I have ever ridden, not to mention the lightest.

Take a chance on them - you will definitely not regret it.

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

The price of the bikes fluctautes daily on the exchange rate. At the moment full dura ace with ksyrium elites is £2469 for UK buyers. Given groupset has rrp of £1350, wheels £550 (inc tyres and tubes), saddle £100; that is £469 for the same frame that Greipel won a TdF stage on last year ..... err .... bargain of the century.

Yes .... I've got one  4

arrieredupeleton replied to veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

The price of the bikes fluctautes daily on the exchange rate. At the moment full dura ace with ksyrium elites is £2469 for UK buyers. Given groupset has rrp of £1350, wheels £550 (inc tyres and tubes), saddle £100; that is £469 for the same frame that Greipel won a TdF stage on last year ..... err .... bargain of the century.

Yes .... I've got one  4

Even more of a bargain. £469 buys you the frame, stem, headset, spacers, bars, seatpost, cables. Also, the pound has continually fell against the Euro over the last 12 months. BUY NOW!!I am sorely tempted.

I assume the frame Greipel is using this year would be even cheaper then...  4

notfastenough replied to arrieredupeleton | 11 years ago
0 likes
arrieredupeleton wrote:

Even more of a bargain. £469 buys you the frame, stem, headset, spacers, bars, seatpost, cables. Also, the pound has continually fell against the Euro over the last 12 months. BUY NOW!!I am sorely tempted.

I am tempted, but my feeble wattage needs to increase before I can be seen riding such a steed!

veseunr replied to arrieredupeleton | 11 years ago
0 likes
arrieredupeleton wrote:

I assume the frame Greipel is using this year would be even cheaper then...  4

No, much more! Lotto Belisol have gone to Ridley, I seem to remember. Katusha are on Canyon but most have the Aeroad rather than the SLX. Bit more money, bit heavier, bit more aero. CF SLX 8.0 is the best value I reckon although Aeroad 9.0SL with SRAM Red at £3769 is a dream bike!

0 likes

dunno, but it wouldn't tell you whether you liked the ride on dodgy UK roads...

arrieredupeleton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Get on the track...

Are you allowed on a track with gears and brakes?

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

only problem is that you might have to wait more than 30 days for a clean, dry surface at the moment  1

Latest Comments