Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Le Terrier, Lancashire - Anyone doing it?

This looks ace, if a little brutal in places:

http://www.le-terrier.co.uk/

Anyone here doing it?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

arrieredupeleton | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Lakescyclist blog is great, thanks for that, I think...

I'm down to do the 72 miler with 'only' 8600ft of ascent. Any tips on how to tackle a route with so many hills. Apart from having a dinner plate on the cassette?

nickwill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I blog under the name 'lakescyclist' and you kindly mentioned my blog. It is a really hard event, but I think perhaps my account was slightly coloured by some horrendous conditions last year. I rode the 'Fred' last week and will be riding Le Terrier again in two weeks. It will be interesting to do a side by side comparison. This year's profile looks even harder and without any respite. My recollection of last year was of one climb and descent leading straight into the next. I rode the Roeburndale section a few weeks ago, and the road surface seemed much improved so should be somewhat easier this time. Despite the awful weather, I really enjoyed Le Terrier last year and am looking forward to this year's even harder route. If you are tempted to enter, go ahead and do so, it really is a great, and challenging day out. It deserves to be regarded as one of the top sportives in the country.

jayme | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have signed up for this as it uses a lot of the roads that our club runs go on. It is a hard route.
2 days latter its the Let them eat cake sportive aswell.

Richthornton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm doing it. I'm scared. Only done one sportive before (last Sunday's Bay Dash)
Doing plenty of training but I'm worried I'm in way above my head here!

Bill Shutter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, there you go. Obviously they agree with me how tough it is. Apparently the organisers say that this years Olympic routes are a lot harder! Not sure how they can say that as it is only 2 miles longer? There again I was warned before last years ride.
Pity it hasn't had the big numbers that it deserves as it is well organised. Apparently they don't spend money on advertising, not like some of the poorer sportives that take out full page adverts in cycling mags with smiling cool looking faces. Some sportives spend in excess of£10,000 on marketing. Le terrier organisers give all their proceeds to charity and not cycling mags.

Mikeh789 | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is 'lakescyclist' blog on the above;

http://lakescyclist.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/le-terrier-2011/

Bill Shutter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Le terrier.
Awesome event, hardly advertised, bit of a connoseurs Sportive.
Forest of Bowland is fantastic, quiet roads, good feed stations ,fantastic views, run by a local cyclin club from the HQ that I have seen.
One word of warning though, it's very difficult, the Roeburndale finish is more painful than the last 12 miles of The Fred. Intact, the ride is harder than The Fred!
Apparently they have some special totes for the Olympic year. The mind boggles!
I think someone called lakescyclist has done a blog on it. Give a go, you won't be disappointed.

Latest Comments