Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Liege - Bastogne - Liege 2012

Will Monsieur Gilbert finally win a first place?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

166 comments

ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes

I don't know why I keep coming back to Dan Martin  39

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

It would seem then that we are all agreed......There are probably 100 riders that can realistically win this bloody race......Such a conundrum......Well I have put a rider in from each of the top in form teams,so Im confident of 5 points......
I just hope that Phil Gil has woke up with a really snotty nose and a sore head......  7  3  22

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thomas Voeckler (EUC)
Philippe Gilbert (BMC)
Damiano Cunego (LAM)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Rinaldo Nocentini (ALM)
Arthur Vichot (FDJ)
Lars Petter Nordhaug (SKY)
Gregory Habeaux (VWA)
Oleg Chuzhda (VWA)

Now to pick my provisional Giro team.  4

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

You have just stole my comment about Giro team Wig  14  3

Back to what I was gonna say....Anton out already, crashed in the neutralized zone (broken collar bone I believe, good job he was not due to ride th Giro)

Bobbys boys | 12 years ago
0 likes

Igor Anton out with a broken collarbone already  13

cdc | 12 years ago
0 likes

What's happened? we've gone over to the Giro before the start of LBL. All my riders have been faded out!

Bobbys boys | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert started but he is leaving a trail of snot behind him  13

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

don't worry, we're still playing LBL  1

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

Still feel like I'm the only one to go with Mollema - anyone else?

Gilbert, Mollema, Gasparotto and Valverde (still not sure why...)
N Sorensen, Ulissi, Nordhaug, Antomarchi, Pauriol

Looking forward to seeing who's in the break at halfway...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I took Mollema out in favour of Ten Dam

I already have my Giro team sorted, have had for about a week  19

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

riders
Philippe Gilbert (BMC)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Vicenzo Nibali (LIQ)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Michael Albasini (GRE)
Stijn Neirynck (TSV) not riding and to swap = penalty points
Xavier Florencio (KAT)
Moreno Moser (LIQ)
Dirk Bellemakers (LAN)

Here's hoping for a few points

0 likes

Full startlists not even up yet Gkam, Ive had idea's for while, 1 star rider ive known will be in my team for a good while anyway. Just actually now put a base team on the system.

Im expecting an influx of teams for Romandie tonight/tomorrow

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I know the start list aint up, but i know that at least 7/9 of my team will be there.

Just saw this on Letour while looking for any breaks today

Quote:

A former double winner of Liege-Bastogne-Liege in 2006 and again in 2008, Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) would usually be one of the big favourites. But his lowkey performances in Amstel and Fleche have made him an outsider at best.
“The thing is I was ill before the Ardennes Classics, I had ‘flu,” Valverde told letour.fr. “I’m not in the form I’d like to be. But there are other races and other years.”
“I’ll try to do my best, but Liege is a race where there are no hiding places. My favourite for today? Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi). He might have missed out on Fleche, but he’ll be up there for sure."

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Small break group today  20 Hopefully a few others (of mine) will join them

Dario Cataldo (Omega Pharma-Quick Step), Simon Geschke (Argos) and Kevin Ista (Accent Jobs)

Three trying to join them

Reinier Honig (Lanbouwkrediet), Gregory Habeaux (Accent Jobs) and Alessandro Bazzana (Team Type 1)

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ha! I had 7 definite riders and 36.9 points left. Based on Gkam's last two posts, my choice of Valverde and Ulissi, instead of the other option I gave myself - of Sanchez and Habeaux - is beginning to look a little dodgy...

0 likes

On to fiddling around pre Giro now.........TimeTriallers who can sprint a bit for openers?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, Bunch is now at 12-35, so thats gonna be a long day out in the break and almost guaranteed your 10 points if you have any of the breakers.

I'm off on a ride for a couple of hours before it starts live on Eurosport at 2, if you want to keep up to date

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

http://www.letour.fr/2012/LBL/LIVE/us/100/depeches.html

Quote:

Euskaltel-Euskadi have confirmed that Igor Anton broke his left clavicle in his fall in the neutralized zone. "It was a most stupid fall," directeur sportif Gorka Gerrikagoitia told Biciciclismo. "He got just tangled up and went down."

petervdV | 12 years ago
0 likes

Newbie question here:

I wondered what the prizes for the Spring Classics are.
I am only in for the fun and not the prizes but now I am close to winning I am curious if there are any (except for the glory of course)

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

On to fiddling around pre Giro now.........TimeTriallers who can sprint a bit for openers?

Dont go giving the game away  3

To be honest its more of a prologue than a time trial (just classed as a time trial beacuse it is slightly too long to be classed as a prologue)

If you do your research you will find the correct riders that will suit the first 5 stages without needing massive changes between them

0 likes

So we're looking at Paris-Nice 2012 stage 1 and TDF Rotterdam prologue 2010 as a bit of a form guide?

0 likes

Yeh they are the sort of stages (As I think ones in the TDS are abit sort) There is another race that has happened this year which will tell you who my definite star guy is....

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Habeaux in the break, glad I stuck with him :D. He tried and failed to get in it for the previous two races so I suppose this is 3rd time lucky.

londonplayer replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Yep my man is Voeckler, pretty much said the rest of my team so will just list it in full

F Schleck
Voeckler
Vanendert
Gasparotto

Albasini
Nordhaug
Ulissi
Kreder
Florencio

As for others working others, I think its not the same as say someone needing to gain time over someone, its about timing your effort to the finish. Therefore its almost every man for himself between those there at the finish. So compared to other DS's I think Albasini still has a great chance of a top 10 if he is feeling good. Same with Ulissi and Nordhaug.

Interesting choice Voeckler. You could be right. He looked like a man possessed when he won a couple of weeks ago. I chose Gerrans. I was reading an article on Velonation about Greenedge and they felt this was his sort of race.

My team is

J Rod
Vanendert
Gerrans
Gasparatto

Kiserlovski
Ulissi
Albasini
Florencio
Simon

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

PS Can't believe people are already discussing tactics for the Giro. I'm looking forward to 2 weeks off from discussing tactics  1

Mikeh789 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Eurosport coverage started early, 13:30.

_SiD_ | 12 years ago
0 likes

All my riders are now grey, somehow I think I won't be scoring heavily today!

S

TERatcliffe26 replied to _SiD_ | 12 years ago
0 likes
_SiD_ wrote:

All my riders are now grey, somehow I think I won't be scoring heavily today!

S

They are still in the race

Once the clock has clicked over the game goes to the next race which is why they have turned grey

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's not raining - glad I chose J Rod - at the moment!

0 likes

Not convinced with my team now  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just come back, it started early  20

I heard somewhere that Gerrans had a crash?? anything major  7

Pages

Latest Comments