Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fleche Wallone

Quick change around this week, so after the record high scoring from Amstel Gold  4 people are faced with some big decisions.

Lets hope its another cracking race....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

144 comments

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
enrique wrote:
dave_atkinson wrote:

...to be honest, this is only ever an issue in the spring classics...

Man, under the circumstances, I would be ok with people being able to reset their whole team...

I wouldn't, its the beauty of the game, it shakes it up abit. What would it be if it was easy? It may be frustrating at times, but it makes you think and gives you a challenge

Why should those that ended up doing really well effectively be punished for managing to pick well, just because the majority have not done so well? Its the same rules for all, some will always do better/pick better than others

Only 2 grey-outs this time, one of which I knew about, Gerrans. Westra the other - maybe something happened to him, I'm not sure as he was down to ride.

However, it can cut both ways as I was a bit wary of Freire, who I knew wasn't riding, and Sagan as well, partly because of his crash and that I didn't entirely believe the team website when they said he was more or less ok and also that he wasn't down for FW. That would have been 3 stars out and the poss. of more if crashes etc. intervened. Lost me some points though!!

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

two of my grey outs were Gerrans and Westra (He wasn't down to ride th last time I had checked) and Cunego my other. Knew about them all. As it seems Nordhaug will now ride, my plans arn't as messed up as they were. I just cant remember the plan of transfers I came up with yesterday  39

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure what to do either. Need something to work. Think the next two will go more with form though. Changing two stars at least, maybe three.

northstar replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
northstar wrote:

Just happened to notice Santambragio is greyed out but is still in official start list?

Mauro Santambrogio will be there for BMC barring any mishaps http://www.bmcracingteam.com/news/news/datum/2012/04/16/evans-withdraws-...

Thanks Gkam : ), don't need to make 5 transfers now.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

2 stars will get changed by me for both races. And as you say form will now play a big part. but I think those thinking drastic changes, Haneo came in 21st, Valverde came in 22nd and Rodriguez 24th. I wouldnt be surprised if those 3 were in the top 10 along with say Vanendert, F Schleck and Mollema

ALLEZROUBAIX30 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Took a huge gamble picking my team yesterday just logged on and that desicion has backfired badly

7 greyed ot riders think that my penalty points will be much higher than my score this stage  14 Pig sick doesn't even come close!!

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Picked my team, taken the risky decision of dropping Valverde, hopefully it pays off but I fully expect him to go and win now.

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Picked my team, taken the risky decision of dropping Valverde, hopefully it pays off but I fully expect him to go and win now.

Thinking of doing the same; he has always done better at LBL.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

I kept Nordhaug in hoping he would be ok and luckily he is ok.

Got my team picked and transfers made so if people drop out now its whats called tuff !

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm still smarting - I had Gasparotto in my team all week, and then at the last minute realised I just had enough credit to swap him for Gerrans and made a foolhardy switch! I knew Gerrans wouldn't be riding the other two, so thought he might go all guns blazing for the Amstel and then I could bring Gasparotto back for the Fleche. Best laid plans...

My team for the Fleche (copy me if you like - I only got 17 points last time though!)...

J-Rod
Mollema
Gasparotto
Kroon
Kiserlovski
Egoi Martinez
Nordhaug
Nocentini
Nicky Sorensen

Been looking at the profiles for the Giro stages and getting alternately excited and completely baffled - probably thinking too hard!

Sean Bickerdike | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'd read on Cyclingnews that Samuel Sanchez was not intending to ride FW and LBL is uncertain. He is not listed for Wednesday but is listed for Sunday. Shouldn't he be grey for FW?

TERatcliffe26 replied to northstar | 12 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
northstar wrote:

Just happened to notice Santambragio is greyed out but is still in official start list?

Mauro Santambrogio will be there for BMC barring any mishaps http://www.bmcracingteam.com/news/news/datum/2012/04/16/evans-withdraws-...

Thanks Gkam : ), don't need to make 5 transfers now.

Yu he needs un-greying Dave (Just to put me at ease  3 )

Farky | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wow!

Glad im not the only fool!

I lost 60 points as all but one DS was greyed out and 3 top riders.

As many stated, its because I didnt realise I was picking a team for the 3 classics in one, instead just selected a hit list for the Amstel...my bad!

On previous races I took the time to consider this, just didnt take the time on this one.

The outgoing emails could have a nice hint section to assist with this for eejits like me...hint...your an eejit so choose well as this teams gotta do 3 races with only 4 transfers inbetween.

dave atkinson replied to Farky | 12 years ago
0 likes
Farky wrote:

The outgoing emails could have a nice hint section to assist with this for eejits like me...hint...your an eejit so choose well as this teams gotta do 3 races with only 4 transfers inbetween.

so if we said something like...

The AGR game email wrote:

Remember that there's unlimited
transfers this week, but only four between the next two races, the Fleche Wallone and the Liege-Bastogne-Liege. So it's worth checking the published startlists of those races to check you're not going to be out of a team on Monday. Good luck!

that would help, right?

Gkam84 replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

so if we said something like...

The AGR game email wrote:

Remember that there's unlimited
transfers this week, but only four between the next two races, the Fleche Wallone and the Liege-Bastogne-Liege. So it's worth checking the published startlists of those races to check you're not going to be out of a team on Monday. Good luck!

that would help, right?

Don't forget this aswell Dave, it was even in bold, so no-one should need to be using penalty points unless the really want to

The FW game email wrote:

Well, the Amstel Gold was a difficult race to predict. And to compound the difficulty for this week, there's only four free transfers ahead of Wednesday's Fleche Wallone.

enrique replied to Sean Bickerdike | 12 years ago
0 likes
Sean Bickerdike wrote:

I'd read on Cyclingnews that Samuel Sanchez was not intending to ride FW and LBL is uncertain. He is not listed for Wednesday but is listed for Sunday. Shouldn't he be grey for FW?

Should he be on the game start list, then?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

latest update just done

i see jeannesson isn't riding any more  14

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

latest update just done...

Dave, could tell us who you added or deleted, if it's not a long list? So we don't have to go check the start lists?... Just an idea...

Ben Glazebrook replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

have you taken de gendt out by mistake? he's still listed on them there startlists... whadda you know that we don't know?

Rvizzle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ah crap, I just moved Sanchez in earlier today!

d'oh!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Even after your latest update, my team still the same, one grey rider, advance planning is the key  3

Doaky | 12 years ago
0 likes

Drafted in sanchez and de geant today now to find out they are out! So im running 4 out of 9 riders in tomorrows race! Im putting the spring classics to bed! Will be back for the Giro in may!!!  14

paulbburgoine | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi i have already done my transfers but stupidly left Sagan in anyone know how to change without penaltys

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hey, Hey from Egypt  16
Well after Sunday's laugh a minute showing  40 , fingers crossed and all that i'm sharing  26
Used all 4 transfers  13

Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Robert Gesink (RAB)
Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Ryder Hesjedal (GRM)

Bert de Waele (LAN)
Robert Kiserlovski (AST)
Brian Bulgac (LOT)
Bert-Jan Lindeman (VCD)
Michael Albasini (GRE)

Good luck to every one, be nice if this one goes more according to plan  14

im talking to you J-Jod u  30  30  30

frankiejay | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ugh... this is why we should never make subs until the day before the race at the latest. Meersman greyed and I'm out... but 8/9 isn't awful I guess.

Ben Glazebrook | 12 years ago
0 likes

a-ha! the startlists have caught up with yer goodselves!  3

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sanchez out and not enough credits to bring in Rodriguez, it'd probably be worth 20 penalty points but not 40. Half tempted to bring in Valverde but none of my penalty point transfers have come off so far.

yarman | 12 years ago
0 likes

Meersman out!  20 Still riding LBL hopefully, so 1 grey rider.

Also the fleche wallone and LBL have KOM classificatons, any chance of getting points from these included. Would give greater reward to riders in breakaways.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gone a bit radical by pickung Bilbao -hope he gets in the break.
And Wegmann to do even better . . . .

But resisted Henao - not enuf exp yet, need someone very similar but with more exp. R U following me ???

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have a risky wild card Frenchman up my sleeve.

Pages

Latest Comments