Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie

Right to give everyone time to plan, the tour de romandie takes place after the last classics race from 24th to 29th april.

Profiles and startlist (provisional) are up on cycling fever.

Should be good as some Giro participlants will probably be getting a run out.

If people could just let me know if they are gonna be putting in a team so i can prepare the spreadsheet.

Lucas was interested in which riders scored the most points overall, to see who was the best rider, and was there anyone who scored highly that non of us picked. so if i can im gonna try and keep scores for all riders that take part (however it my be too time consuming but i will try)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

202 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh by the way I dont think Westra abandoned, seems he came 2nd  1

frankiejay | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK, so the feed was wrong. Westra did not withdraw (as evidenced by him finishing 2nd :-). Wow, I could have had 1, 2, 3, and 4 if I would have kept Tiralongo in my lineup. This never happens  1

1. Wiggins
2. Westra
3. Tiralongo
4. Van Garderen
etc...

0 likes

1st, 2nd, 9th and 16th for me (Wiggins, Westra, Hesjedal and Mollema) Think Wiggo will take overall

0 likes

1,2,3,8 in the overall for me too  1

Clement doing you proud Gkam

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

err 1st . . . and . . . not much else . . . apart from any mountain or sprint points . . .

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had to go out with 14km to go, so set the rest to record, but the commentators said Westra was out  13

Clement is doing my proud, i put him in because i knew he could TT a bit and i thought Rabo had a strong team so for bonus points and break aways  4

0 likes

The commentators were told he as out by the race control computer, and when he crossed the line live, they were going im sure that looked like Westra and obvs was

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Clement just got you another 6 points I think Gkam

Can I ask what your team was that you thought you had?

Rolland
Cobo
LL Sanchez
Roy
Astarloza
Malacarne
Hivert
Navardauskas
Castroviejo

Was the team i had saved in my little cycling DB of teams, which involved all my working out, a .txt file for each race with my riders i'm picking between with potential transfers all stored in a folder along with a .html of all the riders  19

Damn, Tiralongo coming in 3rd, he was another of my guys, but i though he'll just be warming up before he jumped into my team for Giro

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

1 Bradley Wiggins (ENG) Team Sky 4:50:23
2 Lieuwe Westra (NED) Vacansoleil +0
3 Paolo Tiralongo (ITA) Astana +0
4 Tejay Van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing +0
5 Maciej Paterski (POL) Liquigas +0
6 Vasil Kiryienka (BLR) Movistar +0
7 Serge Pauwels (BEL) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step +0
8 Daniele Pietropolli (ITA) Lampre +0
9 Ryder Hesjedal (CAN) Garmin +0
10 Pieter Weening (NED) GreenEdge +0
11 Rob Ruijgh (NED) Vacansoleil +0
12 Egoi Martínez (ESP) Euskaltel +0
13 Cadel Evans (AUS) BMC Racing +0
14 Gorka Verdugo (ESP) Euskaltel +0
15 Steve Morabito (SUI) BMC Racing +0
16 Thomas Rohregger (AUT) RadioShack +0
17 Bauke Mollema (NED) Rabobank +0
18 Mikel Landa (ESP) Euskaltel +0
19 Janez Brajkovic (SLO) Astana +0
20 Rubén Plaza (ESP) Movistar +0

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

What was Cav playing at, with them until the Cat 3 and he started to drop back a bit with Froome leading him up, they thought it would be a bunch sprint but he came in with Froome and Pate 11:17 down  14

Pate got last place

It was Menchov and Lagutin who pulled out

0 likes

I stick to the old pen and paper when making my plans (then I loose half of them and pick the wrong team)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, just watched the last 15 km, WTF, all the climbers making sprinting look easy, Wiggo getting tips from Cav lately???  19

0 likes

Also seems there is no points classification< so it will be mountain and sprint points

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Also seems there is no points classification< so it will be mountain and sprint points

I say, just make up the points class, today is as follows

Pierre Rolland = 50
Juan Jose Cobo = 50
Luis Leon Sanchez = 50
Christopher Froome = 50
Mikel Astarloza = 50
Davide Malacarne = 50
Jonathan Hivert = 50
Ramunas Navardauskas = 50
Stef Clement = 50

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

I wish there was a like button

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Great sprint by Wiggins, couldn't believe it when I saw it; shows what time bonuses can do.

Ist and 4th and Talansky is doing ok as well. Top young rider and 5th in GC. Got a couple just outside the top 10 but tomorrow is a bit of an uphill finish so there'll be some changes. Thought about Westra but thought he was a bit knackered as well.

We are playing young rider, aren't we?

0 likes

Yeh was a good sprint.

Yep we are playing young rider

Just about to put the points up in the other thread

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Gkam and Chrisdstripes have a great pick so far with Clement (shame Gkam didnt pick up Wiggins or Westra.)

I didn't think Westra would be up for this one and Wiggins was tooooo common amongst the teams posted already, so with this not counting towards the game, i took a chance with some other riders. This is the third time i've done that, first time worked a treat and i won, second time not so much and i came last.......still a few stages left  3

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

i like to think that most of my team were ssving themselves for future stages !  4  4  4

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's actually the second sprint Wiggo has won this year.... there was an intermediate one in P-N, I think!

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rumor has it Westra has withdrawn (again...). I guess we'll believe it when we (don't) see it at the finish line.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I win, I win.....well at least Hivert does  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hivert
Costa
LL Sanchez
Meersman
Hesjedel
Nizzolo
Pietropolli
Vorganov
Davis
Kreuziger
Mollema
Peterski
Rogers
Landa
Caruso
Talasky
Verdugo
Mori
Van Garderen
Reza

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Only 1st and 3rd for me, but at least i'll get some points back  4

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

4th, 5th, 11th and 13th for me then 1,2,3 on GC

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh you can shove your GC, i'm a stage by stage guy  44  44  19

I still have the sprints leader though  4

0 likes

So am I, but its not as easy to look at like that when your playing it as purist (every point counts)

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Man, this is not going well at all. No score today.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not to worry, i think i have a good chance at back to back wins because i picked 6 guys on their climbing abilities so i hadn't been thinking about these first couple of stages.

As long as they don't do what happened in Turkey today, let the break get 15 mins and don't bother to take them back because it was a continental team leading the GC who couldn't control the pace, in the end the guys won by 3 minutes  39

0 likes

Yeh I picked my guys on that too....Wiggins, Mollema, Hesejdal, Spilak, Szmyd (westra now out) all for the 2 hilly stages. Rogers for the prologue and ITT, and vichot and meersman for yesterday and today. Also in the knowledge that wiggins and mollema should also do well in the ITT and meersman, szmyd and spilak could all top 20 on there day

Pages

Latest Comments