Home

How do i add a segment which i have created to the local listings,that is to say the list which appears when using Explore.

4 comments

STATO [498 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

As long as you havnt made it private it should appear eventually (can take time) however they tend to give priority to popular segments with a lot of competitors so maybe your segment is too specific? when creating a segment dont just pick where you started/ended, consider what points may be specific to the ride you did and maybe adjust your segment a little.

Around me there are a bunch of segments which end just after the turing on a junction, so if you go the other way your ride wont be included in the segment. If youve created a segment and no-one else has done it (give it a few days for strava to update with other riders details) then maybe it shouldnt be considered a segment?

big mick [183 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

You were correct my segment did appear after about 4 days also 5 more people had made the same segment.

Roberj4 [218 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the info to I wondered how segmentation worked on Strava. A fantastic website (I've only just been told about)for GPS tracking.

Raleigh [1665 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've just started Strava as well.

Does anyone want the Follow for Follow?