Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

My 'this summer use' project now finished - opinions/feedback very welcome.

Hi All,
Just thought I would give you a head’s up on my now finished (another) project for this summer’s use.
Below is a photo of it, all nice and clean (probably for the last time).
It started life as a complete standard buy for a gentleman who never really used it, in its standard guise – heavy wheels, Tiagra kit and Colnago logo’d bits and bobs.
I had read the complimentary reviews and understand the debacle about ‘Real Colnago’s’ v Taiwanese etc etc. However, I have owned several Colnago’s over the years, yes, including the ‘Real’ ones and I have to say these little Primavera’s are excellent value, very underrated and a sort of overlooked bike - I've seen them go on ebay for £380.
Completely stripped the bike and removed the heavy bits then replaced them with parts I had, trust, sourced and acquired second hand that I checked and fully serviced. I slowly rebuilt it with Mavic Ksyrium Elites, full Ultegra SL, FSA bits and pieces and one of my favourite toupe saddles. For long distance pu*****re piece of mind I fitted Gaitorskins, I could have gone lighter but I intend to do some serious mileage and have always had good life from these. All the cables are Jagwired and the whole project has been a really enjoyable build.

It is all set up and ready now and is surprisingly light for an ali frame and I will state its almost luxurious to ride, rock solid on hills and pretty sprightly when needed. The quality of the frame is superb and also looks nice too.
For a ‘budget, entry level’ frame, I am well impressed. OK in standard build they may be a tad heavy as a result of trying to keep the costs down, but this bike now makes real sense.

Don’t forget to give me a wave if you see me trudging along the roads of Somerset.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Absolutely nothing wrong with a Taiwan-made Colnago - I have a lot of fun on mine, hope you do likewise.

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looks great trikeman - may you have many happy hours on the road with this girl.

Super Domestique | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looks very nice. Nothing wrong with cheap end Alu bikes (says the allez owner lol).

Rob.M | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looks very nice mate,not sure about the peddles though. they look like mountain bike one's  26

trikeman replied to Rob.M | 12 years ago
0 likes
Rob.M wrote:

Looks very nice mate,not sure about the peddles though. they look like mountain bike one's  26

Hi Rob,
yep, they are MTB style pedals. Although I still have Look Keo pedals and cleated road shoes, I prefer the MTB style due to having several bikes with this type of pedal, inc MTB's. I just prefer trainer type recessed spd cleated shoes. I do a lot of off bike walking, cafe attending and family group sorte's and hate ruining Look cleats even with my famous cleat protector 'stunts' being performed unintentionally.  7
Of course, if I was still involved in more serious riding I would don the road style Keo's, but much more enjoyment rides now.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

Latest Comments