Paris - Roubaix

by obutterwick   April 7, 2012  

Right, thoughts on the 'big one'? Predictions? Please, just no more moaning about having more transfers.

73 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

has anyone got a score sheet?

posted by londonplayer [671 posts]
8th April 2012 - 15:42

0 Likes

1, 3, 4, 8 and 9 Wink

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [8244 posts]
8th April 2012 - 15:46

0 Likes

Last man?

posted by bubby016 [93 posts]
8th April 2012 - 15:49

0 Likes

Ooh, that's interesting. ASO currently listing Sep Vanmarcke as last finisher. A few people will get a bonus there.

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [8244 posts]
8th April 2012 - 15:57

0 Likes

thanks for that Simon. He was in my team. is that 10 points or 5?

8th April 2012 - 16:01

0 Likes

Another 10 points if vanmarcke is last, hope he is, then that would be 7 scorers for me

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3991 posts]
8th April 2012 - 16:02

0 Likes

Simon_MacMichael wrote:
Ooh, that's interesting. ASO currently listing Sep Vanmarcke as last finisher. A few people will get a bonus there.

It's Eisel now. But I'm pretty sure I saw Guesdon crossing the line and he hasn't been listed yet, so I think it will change again. Unless there is a time limit?

posted by Wig_Billy [577 posts]
8th April 2012 - 16:03

0 Likes

pozzato abandoned. Guesdon is hors delai

posted by simon F [994 posts]
8th April 2012 - 16:06

0 Likes

Looks like I might be getting an extra 10 points from Eisel then. Big Grin

8th April 2012 - 16:09

0 Likes

I have both Eisel and Vanmarcke. do I get a bonus? Confused

8th April 2012 - 16:10

0 Likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
135 points for me, will go above you now Alan

poor showing by sky? only team that did any work to try and bring back boonen. You cant work yourself into the ground and expect them all to finish in top 20

Probably, if you had Flecha. 3 of my 4 transfers were ok. Ballan, Rast and Vansummeren, just made a mistake with EBH. Was thinking of Terpstra and Paolini as well but that meant getting rid of Vandenbergh, who did ok himself at 24th and picked up 5 points. Thought long and hard about Flecha and EBH but in the end experience won out and his injury wasn't so significant. Pity about Pozzato's slip as he was probably the only one who could have challenged Boonen,(apart from Cancellara), but he is in a different league this year. Agree about Sky, at least they tried, just think they need to change bike as I mentioned below your original comment.

posted by Alan Tullett [1457 posts]
8th April 2012 - 16:11

0 Likes

Alot of withdrawals Surprise including my bonus hopefull of TRENTIN Matteo Crying
Stiil got 1,3,4 & 11 can live with that 115 points i think Nerd

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1848 posts]
8th April 2012 - 16:14

0 Likes

Eisel still listed as last so no points for Vanmarcke. Poor campaign for Garmin, but Phinney did well at 15th for his first time out. Defo one for the future.

8th April 2012 - 16:15

0 Likes

#dumbquestiontime

does anyone have a copy of the score sheet? ie 1st) 50 points 2nd) 40 points etc.

I can never seem to find it on this website.

thanks.

8th April 2012 - 16:23

0 Likes

8th April 2012 - 16:34

0 Likes

thanks Wig Billy.

I think I've scored 152 then.

8th April 2012 - 16:37

0 Likes

I was crap at the classics last year, and this is replicated this year, just not good enough

posted by thefatcyclist [584 posts]
8th April 2012 - 16:58

0 Likes

A respectable 127, and even managed 92 for my purist team with only 5 runners. Quite happy with how that turned out and I hadn't really considered anyone who did better so can't really complain.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
8th April 2012 - 17:19

0 Likes

Dropped only one place in overall so not so bad and increased my lead in East Anglia a fraction.

60 points behind in Classics so need a good next race to catch up. Completely different set of riders so I expect a lot of movement at the top after the next race.

8th April 2012 - 17:25

0 Likes

I'm very pleased with the classic's ( my first time ) Devil 2ND in SW, Upto 79th overall Big Grin

A little stat for u all:- I think i'm right when i say that Turgot suprised everyone, cause nobody picked him!!! Surprise Surprise Surprise

livestrongnick's picture

8th April 2012 - 17:39

0 Likes

Smile Big Grin 145 Points - best day ever Day Dreaming Applause
Gkam84, sorry, is that my dust in your eyes Devil

I'm always in two minds
Then I go and pick the wrong one Sad

posted by fluffchucker [284 posts]
8th April 2012 - 18:24

0 Likes

Well, just my luck... I would have won if Vanmarcke had remained the last one on the list... Darn...

posted by cgipryan [120 posts]
8th April 2012 - 18:35

0 Likes

livestrongnick wrote:
A little stat for u all:- I think i'm right when i say that Turgot suprised everyone, cause nobody picked him!!! Surprise Surprise Surprise

Oh how WRONG you are Big Grin

I'm always in two minds

8th April 2012 - 18:48

0 Likes

Surprise Well then i salute you my friend! Applause Applause Nerd
About time Europcar turned up this year!

livestrongnick's picture

8th April 2012 - 19:47

0 Likes

I had turgot in the non-game races we did, but had pichot in the game as i didnt have enough transfers to get turgot in (all 4 of my transfers were correct as all finished in top 13)

8th April 2012 - 19:51

0 Likes

Turgot's my go to DS sprinter for stage races but never even considered him for today Sad

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
8th April 2012 - 21:39

0 Likes

dave_atkinson wrote:
... they also picked Bernie Eisel, who rolled in last for a 10-point bonus...

Hey, Dave, how about some stats? Out of curiousity, can you tell us how many teams had Eisel, how many featured Turgot and how many had Tossatto? Eisel was probably very popular, although he got points for the wrong reason! Smile But just wondering if there were any souls out there that picked Turgot or Tossatto! Thanks! Smile

posted by lucas [78 posts]
10th April 2012 - 19:04

0 Likes

lucas wrote:
dave_atkinson wrote:
... they also picked Bernie Eisel, who rolled in last for a 10-point bonus...

Hey, Dave, how about some stats? Out of curiousity, can you tell us how many teams had Eisel, how many featured Turgot and how many had Tossatto? Eisel was probably very popular, although he got points for the wrong reason! Smile But just wondering if there were any souls out there that picked Turgot or Tossatto! Thanks! Smile

If you click on the riders name when in the pick team mode, it tells you the % of teams that picked the rider for the previous race/stage depending on the comp

11th April 2012 - 0:57

0 Likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
If you click on the riders name when in the pick team mode, it tells you the % of teams that picked the rider for the previous race/stage depending on the comp

Ok, thanks! Smile But, just to clarify, when it refers to % of teams that picked that rider, is that registered teams, or teams actively playing in the latest stage? or in the current competition? And what would that figure be? I still am curious because on some of these riders, like Tossatto, it says 0%. Does that mean 0 teams picked him or that less than 1% picked him, and it's rounded out to 0?... Just wondering Smile

posted by lucas [78 posts]
11th April 2012 - 8:10

0 Likes

Cool Was I the only one with Sebastian Turgot then Big Grin

I'm always in two minds

12th April 2012 - 1:24

0 Likes