Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Amstel Gold Race

Well, if the race is anything like last year there may be very (!) few DSs that score in the top 20 (!). Ben Hermans is the only current DS I can see that scored any significant points last year. He came in 7th. Bram Tankink came in 19th and Fabian Wegmann 20th.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

192 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Maybe i should

But big team re-evaluation needed having seen La Fleche startlist, its on cycling fever now

0 likes

So is the L-B-L startlist

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i looked ahead, remember its not unlimited and you will only have 4 for Fleche Wallonne and then its L-B-L

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Fleche Wallonne Startlist

http://www.letour.fr/2012/FWH/RIDERS/us/engages.html

L-B-L Startlist

http://www.letour.fr/2012/LBL/RIDERS/us/engages.html

So you can work out your team before hand  3

Also a question about a sky rider, I know the game has the name right, but why don't the official sites?

Sergio Luis Henao Montoya, Listed in the game as Sergio Luis Henao, but on the startlists as Mauricio Henao  39

Where does Mauricio come into it? I see no mention of it on Wiki or Sky's site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Henao
http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291,17543_7408117,00.html

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Slight problem to work on over the next couple of days:

Got enough points to pick J-Rod but would like to have Gerrans as i think he may well do something, but it means sacrificing J-Rod...dilemma is who do i go for  39

My other picks are set in stone so dont want to start mixing the team up as they are nearly all in for Fleche Wallone and L-B-L.

Decisions decisions...............

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

So a work in progress that is really starting to hurt my brain  102  20

Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Samuel Sanchez (EUS)
Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Ryder Hesjedal (GRM)

Bert de Waele (LAN)
Joost Posthuma (RSN)
Gianni Meersman (LOT)
Bram Tankink (RAB)
Xavier Florencio (KAT)

Think this is my 10th team now, but every team i've picked has had Ryder & Bert in it!  39

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

what do you reckon to oscar freire? or do you think the hills will be too big for him?

0 likes

I think he could top 20, but defo wont win, thus think there are better prospects worth more of a risk than freire

msw | 12 years ago
0 likes

Any thoughts on Paolini? He's been cropping up in the top 10-15 recently...

0 likes

I don't think Paolini is riding this one is he?

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

Agree with obutterwick - I'm happy with my team but Chavanel is the one I'm annoyed to have to leave out, feels like he's due. No idea if he can cope with the steep hills, but he seems really strong...

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm very happy with my star riders, although I am tempted to go with one gamble. The only headache I've got is deciding which cheap domestiques to pick for all three races.  39

0 likes

I feel 2 of my star riders are risks, especially compared to what the rest of you will go for. And one of my DS is a risk too.

keith roberts | 12 years ago
0 likes

my whole team will be a risk, as i dont have the background knowledge you guys seem to have! I'm gonna try hard to choose the best guys i can, and it's really informative to look at the forum and see who you are all talking about....I probably wont chooose who you guys do!  39

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Stevo Cummings out with a broken wrist. Pity, as Evans tipped him as a bit if a climber this season.

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

running out of back of envelopes and resorting now to a pin and blindfold  20 but currently am running a team of 8 europeans and 1 from another continent, no doubt will change before sunday am

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just logged on and found Spilak out plus one of my other ds. Bloody typical had to jig all the ds about but at least i have now managed to get Gerrans in and removed a cheaper star.

ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes

I took Spilak out when I saw him unlisted for Fleche-Wallone.....Lofqvist goes in.

0 likes

Florencio - how do people think he will fare in the hills?

0 likes

Again there is potential for florencio, but he could be hit and miss, so ive gone for a german instead

frankiejay | 12 years ago
0 likes

Curious if you guys like to pick a DS from the top couple teams that are likely to have a winner for the 5 bonus points, or is that chasing after the wind?

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's hit and miss, I don't tend to bother usually as I have an awful track record at picking winners but its nice to be able to cover teams whose star I haven't picked. For this race I haven't picked Gilbert or Evans from BMC but might cover myself with a cheap BMC DS.

0 likes

I very rarely put 2 riders in from the same team, so dont play the teammate scoring bonus tactic at all

I have two stars who are not racing in the week, and a DS too, but I have my transfers and team planned based around that

bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Un español
Un français
An aussie
En dansker
hrvatskom
ein Deutsch
een Nederlander
en norsk
un italiano

4  4

msw | 12 years ago
0 likes
fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

What a cagey lot you are, did Gkam84 start all this  6

Vicenzo Nibali (LIQ)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Bauke Mollema (RAB)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Xavier Florencio (KAT)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Mauro Santambrogio (BMC)
Niki Terpstra (OPQ)
Romain Bardet (ALM)

Who dares wins Rodders  105

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Here's the top 9 today . . .
Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Sylvain Chavanel (OPQ)
Samuel Sanchez (EUS)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Lers Petter Nordhaug (SKY
Mathew Hayman (SKY)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Bert de Waele (LAN)
Simon Clarke (GRE)

pward | 12 years ago
0 likes

Here come the Spanish..... just sayin'

0 likes

Nah, I've changed my mind. . . . come on the low countries !

0 likes

Its an apropriate weekend for a bot of a gamble
So transferring out my spaniards . . .

Pages

Latest Comments