FS: Bits & bobs including helmet cam, frame pump, seatpost, Dahon front rack

by msw   April 2, 2012  

To clear some space in the shed and fund a longtail bike to fill that space, I’m selling a few bits and bobs I’ll never use.

These prices are for collection from NW or Central London, let me know if you want me to post things and I’ll work out a price (at cost, obviously).

Pictures of all items at https://plus.google.com/photos/112333244966349766565/albums/572655353846...

They are:

Dahon Traveller front rack, new, £15
One of my stupidest purchases since I don’t own a Dahon. Never used, obviously. Fits 20” wheels. Seems to sell for about £20-£25 new but also hard to get hold of. Wouldn’t make much sense to post this as it’s an awkward shape.

Oregon Scientific ATC3k waterproof helmet/handlebar camera £30
A bit bigger than some newer models so probably better as a handlebar camera than on your helmet, but shock- and waterproof, nicely built with good seals and a nice bunch of accessories - eg tripod, so you can use it as a proper camera or webcam too. Full specs at http://uk.oregonscientific.com/cat-Outdoor-sub-Action-Cam-prod-ATC3K-Wat...

Park Tool PMP-5 adjustable frame pump,£15
If you want a frame pump, why not get one made by Park? The lock on to the valve is nice and solid and the notches on the handle let you adjust it to fit different frame sizes.

Outer Edge handlebar bag with quick release fitting, £10
Never used. Missing one of the fixing bolts for the bracket but they look pretty standard.

The bag comes with

• clear map pocket on the top

• shoulder strap
  • hi-viz rain cover.

Push polished alloy seatpost, 400 x 27.0mm, £10
It’s a seatpost, it’s shiny and it’s unused.

Shimano HG22 6-speed 14-24 threaded freewheel, £10
New in 2010, only has about 200 miles on it. Sprockets are 14-16-18-20-22-24 which I discovered is actually a really nice range for a road bike. Plenty of cheaper city, hybrid or mountain bikes still use these threaded freewheels though.

It’s currently attached to a Shimano (possibly 600?) hub and a very old, but recently trued, Ambrosio 19 Extra Elite Aero Dynamic rim, which you can have for spares along with the spokes if you want - the hub needs fixing (axle snapped, bearings fell out) and I don’t need the wheel or the trouble of fixing it. Alternatively you can just have the freewheel.

And if anyone has a longtail bike taking up space, let me know...

1 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

very late I know, but I remembered seeing this listing when you put it on, is the camera still for sale?

posted by cyclingbanter [26 posts]
13th January 2013 - 18:38

like this
Like (4)