Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Boonen for 4 in a row? Who will shine in place of Cancellara? The 'Hell of the North' beckons.

With Cancellara out (I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery) who is going to challenge OPQ and Boonen?

I'm keeping Boonen and Pozzato and maybe Sagan if he rides, but the 4th eludes me. Thoughts anyone? Doesn't have to be the real rider you're going to pick if you don't want to give too much away  3  3 .

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

66 comments

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Provisional team picked, got 30 credits left, could easily "upgrade" Flecha and Ballan for EBH and Hushovd but not sure its really worth it, something to mull over before the deadline.

Personally I'd stick with what you've got, probably my choice as well but waiting to make sure everyone I want is really going to ride. Using up credits isn't that important.

TERatcliffe26 replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

I can understand why people are asking for additional transfers. Three of my riders who rode in Tour of Flanders aren't riding tomorrow - Sagan, Florencio and Cancellera. Luckily, I've been able to swap them out for riders who I wanted to put in in any case.

The question therefore is presumably - should you automatically be given an additional free transfer for each rider that is greyed out? You would then though give an unfair competitive advantage to teams like mine. I would effectively have 7 transfers.

On the basis that the Pro Teams are potentially selecting completely different teams for the ride tomorrow, everyone should get 9 transfers. It seems bad that people should score lower because they haven't been able to transfer people in. Failing that, greyed out riders should be given a +1 transfer.

I'm open to comments/observations on this.

Yeh but thats just the luck of the draw, why should someone have say 7 transfers to my 4 just because they have more greyed out riders?
Everyone has the same 4 transfer rule
I planned well (1 rider greyed out) have 4 transfers, could have had 6 if i had wanted to save from last time as as i only needed to make 1 change, but chose to make more.

There is no way it would be fair just to hand out transfers for greyed out riders, that woud be unfair.

I also wouldn't say they are completely changing rosters, defo less than 50% of riders have changed. And some have been unfortunate/enforced in the case of leukemans nad breschel due to injury

So its either the way it is, with transfers which is fine by me as it makes it tactical, the harder the better, why make it easy? Or have unlimited transfers.
And if i didnt have a full team then that would be tough, as its the current rules.

drheaton replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Provisional team picked, got 30 credits left, could easily "upgrade" Flecha and Ballan for EBH and Hushovd but not sure its really worth it, something to mull over before the deadline.

Personally I'd stick with what you've got, probably my choice as well but waiting to make sure everyone I want is really going to ride. Using up credits isn't that important.

In the end I decided greater strength in depth was worth more than two big names. Final team is:

Boonen, Ballan, Flecha, Pozzatto, Vansummeren, Devolder, Paolini, Iglinsky, Willems with 14 credits left. Ideally I should have saved some transfers as my 4 pre Flanders were all poor but c'est la vie.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice team drheaton, very similar to mine, I have 3 different riders to you

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

After 4 of the last 5 stages have been nothing short of utter s*** for me, especially as i spent hours working out my teams so i'm not sure if i want to continue as i've gone from 1st in my region to 8th  20

Picked my team for tomoro so will wait and see what happens. Gone for;

EBH
Boonen
Thor
Flecha
Steegmans
Iglinsky
Wynants
Vanmarcke
Guarnieri.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thor Hushovd (BMC)
Tom Boonen (OPQ)
Pablo Lastras (MOV)
Filippo Pozzato (FAR)
Johan Vansummeren (GRM)
Kris Boeckmans (VCD)
Valentin Iglinksiy (AST)
Maarten Tjallingii (RAB)
Stijn Vandenbergh (OPQ)

Ok thats my team

I made a couple of changes last minute (now) just in from the pub, so i may regret them, I was going to have, so you can all slate me if these guys win

Heinrich Haussler and Maxim Iglinsky instead of Pozzato and Tjallingii  39

Pages

Latest Comments