Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SRAM Red gear set-up

I've had my road bike with SRAM Red for 3 months. All was well till Thursday when it began over shifting and dropping chain off cranks. I've followed the instructions and I can't for the life of me get it to work. Either doesn't shift up or when it does it over shifts. I'm afraid of expensive damage at this rate. Any tips?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Spud | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I agree it's a short time will find out tomorrow. Frustrating taking it to workshop as I usually do my own spannering!

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

3 months sounds like too short a time frame, but worn chainrings are another reason why SRAM overshifts, in my experience

Spud | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers. Going to get the bike looked at by a qualified mechanic, I've exhausted my skills now.

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

i run sram red, the issue is the front mech. its got a ti cage. great for weight but flexy so has o be set up perfectly otherwise it is prone to over/under shifting. sounds odd but i downgraded to the force front mech which is steel and no issues (also sold the red front mech on ebay for silly money) i heard the pros do the same by the way as in run force front mechs but cannot verify this

Latest Comments