Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco

Right just to give everyone time to a team, its the Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco next week, starts on the 2nd (Monday)and its a very strong field, so should be some interesting racing

So again it will be done as a purist game if people want to join in and submit teams

current startlist http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

156 comments

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yep, he cried off with a bit of a cold. . . . and now I'm crying.  102  102  102  102  102  102  102  102

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just a thought, can you create another thread TER, kept ONLY for stage result list and scores, keep this thread for the chat, the one day races were getting 100+ comments, so over a 6 day race its going to get hectic in here

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Mmmm, should have put in Rojas for the flatter stages. 46 not bad given I'm going more for the uphill finishes.

0 likes

Damn I just found out De La Fuente went on a massive break and I was going to have him in my team but I couldn't find his points so I chose a different Caja Rural rider  20  20  20

Just checked again and he's not on the list but I had him last year in the Vuelta I'm sure.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes Gkam I will post the points on another thread tomorrow

Yes Alan he was on last year as he raced for Geox, I picked him at one point, Flag it up to Dave, I cant find the rider thefatcyclist wants in his team either

bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's funny how people mention people not in their team and the rider they were talking about gets big points. Nickobec said in an earlier post something about De la Fuente and he goes and scores him points in a breakaway. I have done something like that in the Paris-Nice prologue where TER said he had an ace. I scanned through the riders and found a certain sweedish rider by the name of Larsson and asked if his "ace" was of this nationality. He replied no but Larsson went on to win and gain big points.

Montana Carrot | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wout Wout!!! 2nd place, who'd a thunk?

Thanks TERS

Usually a slow starter so happy with result.

0 likes

I dont think i quite read the stage profiles very well!!

Also a break of 5, of which 4 of them are in some of your teams

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not great for me today, only two riders in the top 20  20

Results are up

http://vueltapaisvasco.diariovasco.com/2012/clasificaciones/etapa2-guene...

Brajkovic and Pineau got me some climb points with the later also getting some sprint points, was he in a break?

0 likes

Well another Caja Rural rider went on a break but not my one yet. At least I get 5 points for Albasini, not much else I think, but I hope to do better on the next 2 stages. I suppose this is what happens when you knock up a team in 10 mins!

And I really, really would've picked De la Fuente, think he was about 3 last time so I had plenty of points. You can always bet that one rider from these smaller teams will go on a break and so it has proved so far.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I banked on Sanchez being in a break just like he was during the last one and it paid off  4

Unfortunately I didn't check out the profiles in advance so I've got a very climby team, fingers crossed for the next few days.

0 likes

I've done the points but gonna check them again when I get home from badminton

Brako wasn't in the break, think he just got you 2 mounntain points, pineau only scored 8 points as well despite being in the break. Pinot and anchez racked up 22 and 25 so took all the points

Montana Carrot | 12 years ago
0 likes

In it for the long hall. 4 days left.

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ter?
How are we scoring this Tour?
Is there points for the overall Sprints, Mountains and Points?
I'm asking cause i can't figure which rider i scored my enormous score of 1 with?  7
I've Poels 5th in points and Kiverlovski 5th in sprints?
I'm assuming its Poels, but seeing as there is no Young rider are we not having sprint points too?  4

Hope you can shed some light and maybe i might double my stage score!  4

0 likes

poels 5th in points? i need to check that then as i haven't scored anyone points for poels

Kiserlovski is where your point came from

Yes we are scoring sprints separately from points, so overall for sprints, points and mountains

0 likes

Right ok, seems it may have been wrong when i first did the points. Everyone with Gavazzi will loose a point, and everyone with poels will gain a point

Cheers for that Livestrongnick

0 likes

16 Nice one!!!!  4
Today's Stage better be nicer to me  39

0 likes

Im gonna go out and say, today will not end up in a sprint! Jonny Hoogerland to win  3

Despite scarificing Wegmann, Veikkenen will get you some points today, he is in the break

0 likes

Yeah my first ever break away rider!!!!  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Who's in the break today? I aint following the race anywhere

0 likes

1. Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) 3:58:15
2. Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) st
3. Chris Horner (RadioShack-Nissan) mt
4. Bauke Mollema (Rabobank) at 12
5. Damiano Cunego (Lampre-ISD) st
6. Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) mt
7. Michele Scarponi (Lampre-ISD) st
8. Sergio Luis Henao (Sky) st
9. Robert Kiserlovski (Astana) mt
10. Lars Petter Nordhaug (Sky mt
11. Dani Moreno (Katusha) st
12. Simon Spilak (Katusha) st
13. Rui Costa (Movistar Team) mt
14. Hubert Dupont (AG2R) st
15. Wout Poels (Vacansoleil-DCM) st
16. Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin-Barracuda) mt
17. Vasili Kiryienka (Movistar Team) mt
18. Jean-Christophe Peraud (AG2R) st
19. Jurgen Van den Broeck (Lotto-Belisol) mt
20. David Lopez (Movistar Team) mt

0 likes

the break

1. Christensen, 2. Stone, 3. Herrada, 4. Veikkanen 5. Mucelli

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Only 1 rider in that top 20  20

Seems my gambles of getting points early and hanging on aint worked either

My only bonus is that a Euski rider won and that Rojas still has the points lead  20

0 likes

ooh, might have dun a bit better today

0 likes

16  4  1

0 likes

dont know why that all went bold.

Righto thefatcyclist, i will give you the 1 point for it being david lopez garcia (had you ment jose lopez herrada you would have got a bucket load of points you see)

0 likes

You are still being bold !

0 likes

I don't know how to unbold

0 likes

help

bubby016 | 12 years ago
      0 likes

Let me try