F/S: Italian steel road bike

by flycycling   March 27, 2012  

I'm looking to buy a bike more suited to commuting so this beauty has to go.

It's a 56cm Moser Leader Ax frame. It has a 1 inch threaded steerer with 'Fausto Coppi' chromoly forks, and is made from Dedacciai Zero tubing with beautiful fillet brazing. The frame was made in 1994 but amazingly was never built up by the previous owner who I bought it from 5 years ago. It's very rare that you would see a frame like this in such great condition, if at all!

It has 9 speed Shimano 105 STI's and brakes, an Ultegra 6600 53/39 crankset, Shimano WH R550 wheels which I've just serviced, a new 12-27 Tiagra cassette and HG73 chain, new Easton EA30 44cm oversize bars and new 100mm O/S EA50 stem. I have used a Pizzaz quill adapter to convert the inch steerer. It has a Campagnola seat post and leather Terry saddle.

I have a few photos available upon request, based in Portsmouth for viewing/test ride and also have relatives near Aylesbury. I was thinking in the region of £350 posted?
I may also consider splitting or selling the frame only and I'm open to offers. You can contact me at superflysilean@hotmail.com cheers!

1 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Now sold.

posted by flycycling [5 posts]
31st March 2012 - 18:23

like this
Like (0)