Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

heads up about lidl

Starting today they have various cycle stuff in.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

joemmo | 12 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the track pumps. I got one a few years ago and although its volume rather than pressure biased, you can get up to a 100+ without too much effort. Lasted much longer than my previous pump that was 4 times the price.

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

Socks are good, and the pumps are surprisingly good too. I've had one for a few years now. Might pick up one of the computers too, apperantly it tells temp and all sorts. might just put it on the handlebars and not connect it.

Securivaj | 12 years ago
0 likes

+1 the Lidl socks. Very good for the price.

John G | 12 years ago
0 likes

Keep an eye on your local Aldi too - there is some good kit there too ... while stocks last.

Best buys from there in the last 12 months include numerous pairs of padded socks (summer and winter weight), mits, gloves, merino wool base layers, winter cycling trousers (double thickness, padded seat area, etc - didn't miss the usual bib longs at all) and 3-pocket winter tops including a zipped pocket for keys, wallet, etc.

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Rats - was hoping for a good deal on a work stand, but they aren't doing one.

trikeman | 12 years ago
0 likes

The jerseys are cracking, three rear pockets and an additional zipped one, full length zip, longish drop tail, rubberised hem gripper and reflective 'bike racing' (a bit naff) signature, under seven quid and they are a really good cloth too. As good as 90% of expensive ones I have - the base layers are pretty good too.
Picked up three today and a pair of gel gloves to help me on my crutches - broken ankle at mo.
Go for them.
Regards

Trikeman.  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I must say the trousers and bibs were a mixed bag

I got the Crivit stuff, dont know if thats what you got?

I had 2 pairs of winter bibs and 2 trousers, 1 set of bibs were awful, but all had the same pad, one was bad

Socks were top notch though

I just had a look at what they are offering this time, I'm going for a Gilet, Base layer shorts and top, might pick up a floor pump until I get mine sorted aswell, keep it as a spare

bashthebox | 12 years ago
0 likes

Anything in particular it's worth looking out for?

i bought some winter bibs last season and binned them immediately. such a terrible pad.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have to disagree bashthebox, some of their stuff has been better then my expensive kit

bashthebox | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ahh yeah, i meant to go and see. looks a bit better than stuff they've had in previous years.

(disclaimer - most of the stuff in previous years has been utter shit)

Latest Comments