Anyone ride around Bradford/Leeds

by meehaja   July 8, 2009  

As above really, I'm looking to join a club, but am a bit stumped really by not having sunday mornings free! Looking for people or groups to ride with in the evenings to keep me motivated and push me a little (but not too much!)

Anyone out there?

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I do, but we tend to ride on Sundays.

There is the chance of the odd evening ride though. Where are you based?

ctznsmith's picture

posted by ctznsmith [102 posts]
9th July 2009 - 9:48

like this
Like (1)

Hi i am bradord based, free sunday mornings and some evenings

posted by microsafe [4 posts]
10th July 2009 - 11:10

like this
Like (1)

Having re-read the post, I should have said I'm not a member of a club just a group of friends who ride together 'regularly'.

If you want a club in the Leeds/Bradford area, then I'm pretty sure that you search local clubs via the British Cycling website.

ctznsmith's picture

posted by ctznsmith [102 posts]
10th July 2009 - 11:31

like this
Like (0)

I spoke to a few clubs, but they all ride sunday mornings, and since I'm getting married in sept, I have to be good and go to church every week (though my fiance has promised that once we get married I can stop going, given that I'm not Catholic!).

I'm riding to work most days, but feel my riding has hit a plateau and fancy a bit more of a challenging ride. I live in Bradford (little Horton) but I work in Leeds city centre, so either is good for me really. If anyone fancies a mid week ride, let me know! (By the way, I'm not especially fast, so go easy on me!)

posted by meehaja [27 posts]
15th July 2009 - 22:53

like this
Like (0)