Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Milan - San Remo

Well folks, as the dust settles on a cracking Paris Nice race the clock has started ticking for the Milan San Remo race.

Checked various web sites and can only find part team line ups listed so lets hope it's not a last minute thing.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

173 comments

debbieg | 12 years ago
0 likes

looks like I've got 10 points in the bag already from my selection of Cheng  4

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Maggiore was a last minute pick due to running out of points, got 0.2 left. Main decision was Cancellara instead of Boonen. Could have had Favelli instead of Vichot but fancied one FDJ rider.

Be glad to see some actual racing now.

Hope Cav wins but they'll all be trying to kill him on the last climb. Hoping Cancellara, Sagan and Freire are in the front group and then Cav pips them at the post with Vichot 5th!! Watched Kelly catch Argentin this morning; that was a good finish!

Never seen this race before, only remember the Classics from Cycling Weekly in the mid-70s. Started the fantasy at the beginning of the Giro and got hooked.

The other teacher who does it in my school won the 5th stage of PN. Hope I can win a stage at some point, won 1 last year and =1st as well. 2nd this year is my best.

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish with problems at Le Manie!

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

30 seconds behind the bunch now!

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Doubting Cav will win now....

so a Friere win, followed by sagan and fabian, then florencio up there and the 5 points for being friere's team mate. Then marcato, brambilla and napalotinio being in the top 20

that would be perfect....

0 likes

Not looking good for Cav, but it's still some way to go. Let's hope for a miracle.

0 likes

4 riders with Cav now. Maybe not all lost yet.

Rider down is conscious now.

keith roberts | 12 years ago
0 likes

cav going backwards!  20

Strathlubnaig | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cav & Co call it a day...why oh why did I follow the sheep !

0 likes

They've got the tactics to beat him every time now and any other sprinter like Farrar who can't climb well. Still, got 3 left in the front group.

0 likes

Who do people think is going to win now. I'm going for EBH even though I don't have him.

TheBigMong | 12 years ago
0 likes

Still can't figure out the Renshaw mystery. Road.cc greyed him out on my team yesterday, so I begrudgingly subbed in Greipel. Now it looks like Renshaw is racing after all?

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Made a couple of last minute changes and do have a frenchman now

I've got Vichot as he's my lucky rider (won stage 6 of TdF last year with him). Bonnet's probably the designated rider this year and he did pretty well in TA 2 & 3, but he's pricey so it was a choice between Vichot and Geslin, who's done well in the past. Went with superstition!! As good a reason as any in a race of this type.

0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Damn picked the wrong Euskatel rider for the break  2

The break by the way is Cheng Ji (Project 1t4i), Juan Pablo Suarez (Colombia-Coldeportes), Dmitriy Gruzdev (Astana), Angelo Pagani (Colnago-CSF), Vergard Stake Laengen (Team Type 1), Juan Jose Oroz (Euskaltel), Pierpaolo De Negri (Farnese Vini), Michael Mørkøv (Saxo Bank), Oleg Berdos (UtensilNord)

I nearly went for De Negri rather than the Euskatel rider but then changed my mind

This game frustrates at times

Only 'at times'??

Wig_Billy replied to nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:

Only 17 transfers here

and no real surprises everybody is in someone else team

Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Fabian Cancellara (RSN)
Tom Boonen (OPQ)
Oscar Freire (KAT)
Manuel Belletti (ALM)
Maxim Iglinsky (AST)
Fransesco Ginanni (ASA)
Xavier Florencio (KAT)
Anthony Geslin (FDJ)

Swap Belletti for Nocentini & Iglinsky for Geschke, and that's exactly the same as my team.  16

TheHatter replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Who do people think is going to win now. I'm going for EBH even though I don't have him.

Griepel - so why did I transfer him out last night?  102

hoping for Cancellara or Oss though

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

The break by the way is Cheng Ji (Project 1t4i), Juan Pablo Suarez (Colombia-Coldeportes), Dmitriy Gruzdev (Astana), Angelo Pagani (Colnago-CSF), Vergard Stake Laengen (Team Type 1), Juan Jose Oroz (Euskaltel), Pierpaolo De Negri (Farnese Vini), Michael Mørkøv (Saxo Bank), Oleg Berdos (UtensilNord)

I nearly went for De Negri rather than the Euskatel rider but then changed my mind

Only 'at times'??

Well it was all going well untill the last stage of the TDU.....

I see we have 5 riders in common for the race

My big risk was marcato for star rider and the pricey Brambilla for a DS (rather than a Cav type sprinter)....that combo will make or break the race for me in many repects. If one or both finish i high up then i should have a good score

0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Only 'at times'??

My big risk was marcato for star rider and the pricey Brambilla for a DS (rather than a Cav type sprinter)....that combo will make or break the race for me in many repects. If one or both finish i high up then i should have a good score

Mar 17, 08:34 Arthur Vichot Manuel Belletti
Mar 17, 08:34 Gianluca Maggiore Elia Favilli
Mar 17, 08:34 Fabian Cancellara Tom Boonen

As you can see had a last minute change of mind about Boonen who seems to want to peak in about 2 weeks.

Brambilla 11th Stage 2 TA. Looked at a few riders from stage 2 & 3. There are cheaper ones who came higher up, but who knows? Those stages are the best indicator of form for MSR. Bonnet came 9th and is a fraction cheaper.
Marcato 6th in Omloop, could be interesting for the next couple of races. Not sure if MSR will suit him.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Only 'at times'??

Mar 17, 08:34 Arthur Vichot Manuel Belletti
Mar 17, 08:34 Gianluca Maggiore Elia Favilli
Mar 17, 08:34 Fabian Cancellara Tom Boonen

As you can see had a last minute change of mind about Boonen who seems to want to peak in about 2 weeks.

Brambilla 11th Stage 2 TA. Looked at a few riders from stage 2 & 3. There are cheaper ones who came higher up, but who knows? Those stages are the best indicator of form for MSR. Bonnet came 9th and is a fraction cheaper.
Marcato 6th in Omloop, could be interesting for the next couple of races. Not sure if MSR will suit him.

Out of your last minute changes i would have kept favilli ratehr than maggiore...but who knows

Yeh i just thought with it being in Italy he may want to push for it. As for bonnet being a fraction cheaper it wouldnt really have helped anyway has i had 1.3 or something left anyway, just couldnt many otehr riders i fancied. As for marcato he has come in the top 20 here before, and if some sprinters are eliminated he could well be up there.

Its all about risk vs reward. if my team comes in and does well, i will steal a march on most others as i havn't cone for some of the safer bets that i could have

I still think Cav will win if he is there at the end, but i do fancy sagan if he isnt

nick_rearden | 12 years ago
0 likes

Definitely Michael Rogers instead of Knees, according to Sky

Mikeh789 | 12 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wegelius is on Garmin's list? Hasn't he retired?

Mikeh789 | 12 years ago
0 likes

8 man teams MSR, C Wegelius is Director Sportif for Garmin.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone with a bold team, definitely 1 star rider that most others wont have, and id say potentially 4 of my DS's again very few others will have. and i doubt my 3 other star riders that will be popular choices, will all be found in together in many teams

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Did anyone go for Mehdi
Sohrabi?

He's pretty on form, having won a stage in Tirreno Adriatico.

Also, he's hyping himself up on Twitter

iii BAiiNZzz xx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gone for 5 very cheap ds's and 4 very strong star riders

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins off the official start list .... so that will be 200 then.

Another Sky rider in ... Rogers?

Dave - why does it say 201 riders when there are only 200 on the list? Is it a bug or is there one hiding?!

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gone for 4 very strong riders which will be in most riders teams and a european set up of DS riders. No more fiddling as i'm at work  20

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looking at team Sky line on http://www.milansanremo.co.uk/2012-startlist.html Flecha is in for Hunt!
The rest being
SKY PROCYCLING
201 CAVENDISH Mark GBR
202 BOASSON HAGEN Edvald NOR
203 FLECHA GIANNONI Juan Antonio ESP
204 EISEL Bernhard AUT
205 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
206 LÖVKVIST Thomas SWE
207 STANNARD Ian GBR
208 WIGGINS Bradley GBR
D.S. DE Jong Steven

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Then comparing team line ups on cycle fever most have one rider different with San Remo lists!  102
Not helping at all!

Example; RAST and WAGNER on cycle fever for Radioshack but NIZZOLO and SERGENT on San Remo list!?

Pages

Latest Comments