Home

Well folks, as the dust settles on a cracking Paris Nice race the clock has started ticking for the Milan San Remo race.

Checked various web sites and can only find part team line ups listed so lets hope it's not a last minute thing.

173 comments

AWPeleton [3263 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Looking at the results of races so far my money will have to go on Sagan for at least one classic victory this season.  39

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Sagan been in my classic team since before Paris Nice!  16

TERatcliffe26 [4579 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I have a team ready, but may get tweeked when full line ups are announced. No Cav in it, but does contain a frenchman that i doubt many will have

JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Its gotta beEBH for me
 44 44 44

obutterwick [474 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Team picked. Likely to change at least 37 times before Saturday.

0 likes

only 37 times? more like 370 times for me  3

obutterwick [474 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Haha. Change no. 2 done. 14 transfers so far.

northstar [1108 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

17 change of minds so far. Think I'm settled on my team for now.

thefatcyclist [543 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

provisional picked 4 expensive stars, 5 cheap DS, and 1 change made already.

0 likes

Seems my secret weapon isnt racing  2

Raleigh [1665 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Its funny how you all pick your teams in advance.
I always pick mine the night before, half on research, half on what you guys have said, and a further half just winging it.

Hasn't worked yet, looking to repeat my sensational form of the classics last year.  4

Gkam84 [9080 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Its funny how you all pick your teams in advance.
I always pick mine the night before, half on research, half on what you guys have said, and a further half just winging it.

Hasn't worked yet, looking to repeat my sensational form of the classics last year.  4

I think I have solved your problem and why its not working  3

Because your splitting it into three halves, its always going to cause problems, then your also listening to people on the forum, I thought you would have learnt from last year  19

I've got a team picked at the moment, but is subject to change at the shortest of notice as I have picked it not knowing who is riding where or at all

You'll all be pleased to know, there is no current or former ROAD world champion in my team, thats as much as i'm saying at this early stage

But i did notice something while looking through riders

You have a typeo in one name Valentin Iglinsky - spelt in the game as Valentin Iglinksiy

Mikeh789 [131 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
0 likes

Thats the most up to date Mike, Only Sky and Saxo have officially announced their teams

Simon_MacMichael [2448 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm guessing the Milan-Sanremo site proper will be updated tomorrow eve/Wed am once Tirreno finishes. Seems to be the way RCS does these things.

Mikeh789 [131 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Cheers, thanks for that. Been to official MSR site, not very slick  39

Squiggle [403 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've got my first draft team ready but to be honest it's a bit wooly! Currently half sprinters and half puncheurs. I might just toss a coin and go all sprinters or all puncheurs!  39

seabass89 [212 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Thor Hushovds prediction of San Remo:

"I've seen that Tom Boonen looks good. Then you have Team Sky with Cavendish and Edvald Boasson Hagen. There I think Edvald has the best opportunity. Heinrich Haussler has had a good season opening with Garmin, and lets not forget Peter Sagan."

So according to mr. Hushovd you should select:
Boonen
Boasson Hagen
Haussler
Sagan
Hushovd (He also said "he expects BMC to ride for him")

PS. I heard Team Type 1 will let Vegard Stake Laengen have a go in the Primavera in his first professional season. Deffo gonna be in my team - went to secondary school with him XD

0 likes

I have 2 of Hushovd's guys but not him  19

seabass89 [212 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I have 2 of Hushovd's guys but not him  19

Let me guess... Haussler and Boonen?  44

0 likes

50% but I only have 1 waffle and he's a DS

The other one, i dont know if he's Aussie or Deutsch mark just now??

meninblack [23 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Until now, Milano San Remo is maybe the most difficult race to predict, above all, the DS riders. I can't find any interesting DS rider. I was thinking of choosing cheap DS like Bouhanni, Demare, Sutton, Meersman... but nobody is in the startlist!!!! maybe Guardini, but I'm afraid thatt it's too difficult race for him and probably he will not in the first group.

In leaders group I'm in doubt choosing 4 sprinters (Cavendish, Greipel, Farrar, Sagan, Petacchi, Boonen, Bennati, Haussler,...) or 4 allrounders (Cancellara, Gilbert, Ballan, Breschel, Van Avermaet, Boom, Nibali, Pozzato...) but I've one think clear, I will not combine sprinters and allrounders, so, white or black, 200 points or 0 points haha  3

nickobec [246 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

@meninblack part of your DS problem is that only 120 of the 200 starters have been announced. Of those the bulk are the "names" ie the star riders. Only 5 teams FDJ, OPQ,SKY, SAX & VCD have named their full compliment of 8 riders. Once the other 20 teams, especially the DS heavy teams like EUS and Pro-Con ASA, COG, FAR announce their full compliment, the DS pool will double.

Another issues involved are the bracket creep of riders who were DS last year to star riders, particularly in certain teams, eg SKY, MOV, VCD (ie 30% of their riders).

Milan San Remo is as monument, so any rider who thinks he can win it (ie every PC or AR in the game) will want to ride it. Teams will enter their best riders for multiple chances. So it is a very "star" rider heavy race compared to any of the earlier races this season. This is reflected in the results from the past few years, 16 of last years top 20 are "star" riders.

That said, I don't think you are looking hard enough at the DSs, I have just found a 4th DS while researching this post in good form who has performed well at this distance and terrain in the past and only one is valued over 6 points.

As for Sprinters or ARs, look who has won the race in the past few years. One pure all rounder in Cancellera, a couple of pure sprinter in Cav, Petachhi, Cippolini most I would classify as hardy sprinters like Goss, Fierre, Pozatto, Bettini riders who are unlikely to win from mass bunch sprints, but will do from a group of 20 or so riders after a hard day in the saddle.

chrisdstripes [1716 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Is it on Eurosport? I've watched the TDF since childhood ("is it Roche? It IS Roche!") but am only this season getting into the full calendar, which is amazing. So I've never seen a Monument on telly (which I doubt will help my fantasy chances...)
It looks like not many DS riders will score, with all the big guns present, so do you just focus on your top 4, or do you work on the premise that if you do have the one DS that scores big points, you'll have the edge on everyone else? Hmm.  39

Simon_MacMichael [2448 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

It's on Eurosport, 1340 British Eurosport 1, bit later on HD.

Coverage should kick in just before the climb of Le Manie, I think.

Coverage may start earlier on live stream on the Gazzetta dello Sport website.

chrisdstripes [1716 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Awesome, thanks!

0 likes

In the last 25 years 18 winners have used Tirreno-Adriatico, 6 Paris-Nice and 1 Catalan Week as preparation for La Primavera

0 likes

interesting stat 3 of my star guys (dont think the other raced at all) and 3 of my domestiques (not sure where the other 2 raced) raced Tirreno

nickobec [246 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

1T4 riders for Milan San Remo
John Degenkolb, Simon Geschke, Roy Curvers & Koen de Kort have been riding the Poggio and other parts of the course today

Not a secret anymore, the starting list on cyclingfever has been updated for a full squads for 1T4, GRE, FAR & more

0 likes

No FDJ

Pages