Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour Tech

We saw the specialized sworks and giant tt bikes on Saturdays time trial stage, a few other things have caught my eye...the brand of bike that Cadel was riding in the tt, any more info on them? How many teams/riders are using the new fangled di2 stuff from shimano?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Question : why has lance got his bottle mounted on the seat tube? I thought the down tube was more aero?

Also, has anyone else noticed the tiny tiny skewers on contadors bike?

0 likes

Cancellara's specialized is quite an interesting tt bike. I am aware there is a rule about the 'nose' of the bike protruding beyond the steerer crown, thats why specialized have not got a straight fork steerer on this bike, the forks are controlled right up at the front of the bike, the issue I have with it that this means there is a very large 'fairing' that comes from the back of the steerer...i thought this was banned?

I like how they got around the rules regarding space in front of the steerer though.

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Canyon are a German internet only brand, the make road, mountain and Tri bikes always have an interesting stand at Eurobike with some very cutting edge stuff on it. They ship to the UK too http://www.canyon.com/_en/

0 likes

Yeah I think they did ride ridley last year, I have not heard of canyon...certainly havnt seen them in the uk before.

Blackhound | 14 years ago
0 likes

Silence Lotto are riding the Canyon brand, don't know anthing about them though saw a few in Belgium in the spring. They rode Ridley last year I recall.

Latest Comments