Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

ARmstrong: How will he do?

So what do us sweaty bikers think?

Saw hiim on Eurosport being intervviewed a while ago and he looks slimmer than early season. I think he could go well, top 6, possible posium with luck.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

has anyone gone for 9th yet? i'll have 9th.

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

I am looking forward to ventoux, I think they will all be saving somthing for that day.

Mr Sock | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm not so sure, this isn't a Tour in the classic mould - certainly the format is very different from when Lance was in his pomp and as they were saying on the telly yesterday the last six stages are exceptionally hard, that last week will be a real grinder. More than anything else this Tour will be a test of endurance - that's why I quite fancy Sastre, I think he will get better as this goes on, (not saying he's going to win it though). I think it will be too much for Armstrong, yes he always got stronger through the Tour, but back then he hadn't already ridden a Giro.

cactuscat | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm going for 7th, he tends to get stronger through a race and he looks pretty fit to me. I don't think he has the mountain legs to do any better than that, the big hills in the giro found him out and i suspect the same will happen in france.

hammergonewest | 14 years ago
0 likes

I think where he is after today's performance might be about Armstrong's level for this race.

10th in the Tour at his age, and after a 5 year lay-off would be a pretty amazing result.

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

I think he could be on for a top 8 finish, 4 astana riders could finish top 10 i think

Latest Comments