Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Which Turbo Trainer?

I've finally decided to buy a new turbo trainer (just in time for summer) and have narrowed it down to 4. They are all similarly priced, and far as I can tell, there are no real differences between them. I've read loads of reviews, they all seem to have positives with no negatives - it seems that I may as well base the purchase on colour.

The four in questions are:

CycleOps Mag+
Elite Novo Mag Gel
Tacx Sirius Soft Gel
Blackburn Tech Mag 6

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

russyparkin | 12 years ago
0 likes

tacx antares rollers. i tried turbos and got bored so quickly. rollers improve your road craft and make you a better rider

road ronin replied to russyparkin | 12 years ago
0 likes

yes training rollers every time, take a little time to get your balance and technique sorted but then they are top draw  16

Chris James | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have a Cycleops mag too and I agree it is very noisy if you are giving it some effort.

On the other hand it is cheapish, well made, solidly built and consistent in the work out it gives.

I'd say that noise is the only down side.

carl simpson | 12 years ago
0 likes

i have a cyclops mag , and it sounds like a jet engine when you go above 20mph ... the gel ones are supposed to be a damn sight quieter , so if noise is an issue , id reccomend one of those

antonio | 12 years ago
0 likes

not used any of the above but I have a fluid trainer with gel roller, quieter than my cateye c1000 mag trainer. Gel seems to be more tyre friendly but set up of pressure on roller and pressure in tyres may take a bit of time to get right, cheers.

Latest Comments