Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice Stage 3

So who we all thinking will be first home today?

I'm hoping for something better than my last two days, but as with anything in this race, its so hard to pick on because everything changes with the wind direction and the weather, they are even talking about snow redirecting the route this week

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

56 comments

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Massive points for me in that sprint - Guttierez comes third.  4  4  4
I knew it was right to transfer him in last night

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

KOM points

1. Curvers 4 pts
2. Engoulvent 2
3. Morkov 1

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

Moncoutie in a crash! He is usually so careful behind the peloton. Hope he is okay ... always good for a mountain stage when he feels like it!

0 likes

I'd like a Boonen repeat, chased in by Lepheimer . . . with Brad in 21st, but same time as Leipheimer.

aaus | 12 years ago
0 likes

I adore Specialized S-Works Prevail. I'm planning to get one soon.

And for today, I'm hoping that Valverde will fly:)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

13:33 - Latest gap
Km 70 - Morkov, Curvers and Engoulvent lead the peloton by 4:30.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

12:44 - Latest gap
Km 43 - Morkov, Engoulvent and Curvers lead the peloton by 4:35.

0 likes

Richie Porte fell and banged his head apparently, so he might be mext to leave my squad tonight, unless he shows up well

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Anyone else not liking this helmet that Wiggo is wearing?

https://p.twimg.com/AnS9213CAAARSVv.jpg

I just feel its rather French looking

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Anyone else not liking this helmet that Wiggo is wearing?

https://p.twimg.com/AnS9213CAAARSVv.jpg

I just feel its rather French looking

Agree, i dont like the Kask helmets fullstop. There are much better looking lids in the peleton - my fav is the old cateye one worn by Euskatel.

nickobec replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Agree, i dont like the Kask helmets fullstop. There are much better looking lids in the peleton - my fav is the old cateye one worn by Euskatel.

Agree, though a bigger fan of the Lazer Helium used by other teams after my bike shop show me one that hit a lightpost at 40kph in a crit and the head that was in it, still attached to the mechanic.

my transfers today are for once defensive, Wiggins and Vanmarcke (the two on form riders).

Looking at the teams around me if Vivani wins, I plummet

If Boonen outperforms Valdverde today, I gain, if not I lose.

If Degenkolb repeats, happy dance time  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

12:20 - Gap increases
Km 19 - Morkov, Engoulvent and Curvers now lead the bunch by four minutes. Team Sky riders are at the front of the peloton.

0 likes

Kittel has done a runner from my squad, so i brought in Boonen . . . and Westra is my new domestique.  31  31  31

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Kittel has done a runner from my squad, so i brought in Boonen . . . and Westra is my new domestique.  31  31  31

I was going to bring in Westra and Boonen, along with Levi and TeeJ, but i think that would have just me banking on some safe points and i figure, if i'm not going to catch the leaders up, i might as well try for a high stage score at some point, i'd rather not be doing in the grand tours, so this is one of few chances, unless my whole classics team does well. But with them being classed all together and only a few transfers here and there, thats going to be hard

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

11:57 - Real start given now
The real start was given at 11:57 to 173 riders. The peloton was briefly held by a railway crossing.

11:59 - Three men on the move
Michael Morkov (SAX), Jimmy Engoulvent (SAU) and Roy Curvers (PRO) attacked on the gun.

12:02 - First gap
Km 8 - The three lead the bunch by 45 seconds.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Valverde for Kittel is my only change, to leave me 3 for tomorrow

hoping boeckmans/meersman will do something today or even coppel

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Andy Schleck's out BTW

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I kept in Haussler, and swapped Kittel for TVG. Decided that the boy Vanmarcke is clearly on song so swapped him in for Larsson.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've gone for a Boonen, Hushovd, Haussler, De Gendt combo hoping for a good result before I transfer some of them out for tomorrow.

Fingers crossed it'll work out although given my luck yesterday Grega Bole and Gustav Larsson will feature given I've just ditched them  2

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

After 24th best score yesterday, I'm less certain as to who will challenge today.

Haussler's probs after a stage win, but didn't he crash?
Degenkolb I reckon.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Forgetting about today and transferring people in for the hillier stages and one or two left in for the final tt.

Brought in Leipheimer - no brainer really and Jean Francois Peraud - damn good climber and not a bad tt rider.

Not expecting a lot of points today but still got De Gendt in so he might go for it  39

Mikeh789 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen?

After a poor 42 points yesterday & dropping all round, have swapped out Kittel & Viviani for (in) Leipheimer & van Garderen.

Wanted Boonen but couldn't afford!

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

A day for the French me thinks...Although Boonen cannot be dismissed on this terrain.....Rabobank must surely attack today,or have they just come for a training spin....  39

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

Went conservative with my team, ie transferred in Wiggins.

Why I expect attacks by Rojas and Chavanel to soften up Sky for tomorrow night and depending how things go a late attack by Valverde (he needs to make up 30 seconds).

So going for the win with Boonen and Degenkolb, and top 20 finish and GC points (+ white jersey) with Wiggins & TJVG.

If I was a gambling man I would risk it on the likes of Dumolin, Haussler, Chavanel and Valverde (maybe tomorrow).

Gkam84 replied to nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:

If I was a gambling man I would risk it on the likes of Dumolin, Haussler, Chavanel and Valverde (maybe tomorrow).

Dont say that, i just took Dumoulin out  4

my transfers yesterday

21 Mar 05, 23:02 Vincent Jerome - Remy Di Gregorio
21 Mar 05, 23:02 Jose Joaquin Rojas - Samuel Dumoulin
21 Mar 05, 23:02 Rein Taaramae - Tony Martin
21 Mar 05, 23:02 Julien Simon - Richie Porte

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Too close to call. Tempted to say Haussler could have his day, but I really don't know. Could be a repeat performance from Boonen. I sense Chavanel isn't far off testing his legs, particularly with being so well placed in the GC with all the climbs to come.

Pages

Latest Comments