Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice Stage 2

Well after nearly 140 quotes on the prologue / stage 1 post lets see what people are doing for stage 2. It's the only flat stage for the sprinters so who's in and who's out for tommorow.  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

89 comments

ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes

Out:
Martin and Devenyns

In:
Kittel and Boonen

Team:
Wiggins
LLSanchez
Boonen
Kittel
Astarloxa
Porte
Phinney
Moreno
Izagirre

Probably take out Kittel and Phinney for Chavanel and A.N.Other Climber(Pauriol the favourite at the moment).

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping Martin has his sprinting legs on today as everyone seems to be dropping him, he's only 25 seconds down  3

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just checked and a nice round 0% of teams will be getting a breakaway bonus for Kaisen.

Re Martin I really can't see him doing anything in the race now, and he'll surely be leading out for Boonen today?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

A crash took place in the leading group, holding six riders: Clarke, Niermann, Leukemans, Fischer, Haussler

Here is the composition of the leading group: Boonen, Chavanel, Leipheimer, Maes, Monfort, Wiggins, Thomas, Valverde, Rojas, Gavazzi, Kiserlovski, Westra, Ravard, Van Garderen, Jeanneteau, Klier, Vanmarcke, Maaskant, Phinney, Spilak, Vicioso.
At km 122, the 21 lead the second part of the peloton by 1:15
The yellow jersey group are 1:25 behind.

Only 60km to go, with all the big guys in the lead group, i cant see it being caught

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

Lead group of 21 riders 1:14 up. Lots of big names in it: Leipheimer, Wiggins, Valverde, Boonen. Chavenel, Thomas,Phinney, van Garderen et al

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looks like my plan to drop TJ Van Garderen is already falling to bits  2

Fingers crossed for a Phinney Boonen 1-2 and for TJVG to end up in a ditch!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo takes the sprint, thats a couple of points to me and puts him in Yellow, the only rider i have in the front group after making no changes, even though i was going to stick in Maes for the break  3

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

shudda picked Wiggo. He just won the sprint

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Defending Paris-Nice champion Tony Martin has also been trapped in one of the back echelons.

Km 130 - The 21 in the front lead the yellow jersey group by 1:40. Among the riders in the yellow jersey group feature Damiano Cunego and Sandy Casar.

Damn, Martin couldn't make the lead group. I was hoping for him to come through and give me a load of points after everyone dropping him

0 likes

I'm following these today . . . where's Kittel?

Marcel Kittel (1T4)
Tejay van Garderen (BMC)
Levi Leipheimer (OPQ)
Thomas de Gendt (VCD)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Jerome Coppel (SAU)
Jacopo Guarnieri (AST)
Leigh Howard (GRE)
Jose Ivan Gutierrez (MOV)

0 likes

and I dropped Montfort, so he's bound to win. . .

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Its all going wrong, Wiggo is only guy i have  2

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt got some more KOM points today, Kittel is at the back

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

Happy with Boonen and Degenkolb in the break, 2 out 3 likely top 3 finishers.

But other than TJVG only 3 riders in break and scoring potential

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins just won an intermediate sprint!  13

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Its all going wrong, Wiggo is only guy i have  2

Snap, but i only had 2 scorers yesterday, so it might be the same again today, but as i said, i'm going pursuiting

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Levi just confirming in interview the Tony Martin is the leader of OPQ this year.........Where is he?? out the back, great team work  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

33km to go, the leaders have 2.20 gap, so there are your top 20 riders, 1 guy is not going to score

0 likes

I couldn't decide betweem kittel or rojas today . . . . and rojas could take the 35pts. #weeps
 20  20  20

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmm, got Wiggo and Phinney in the lead group. C'mon Phinney, win the stage  45

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo winning the stage is the best as that would limit my losses to everyone else who has other riders in the lead group

0 likes

Come on, errmmm, let's see who is in my team, ah yes, come on TJ

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not delighted with only having Wiggo up front, but i'm happier that none of the guys who can sprint and will have been transferred in today by some others are there  19

msw | 12 years ago
0 likes

Happy that Vanmarcke's in there given what happened last time he sprinted against Boonen... but shouldn't think he stands a chance against Rojas or Degenkolb.

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got Wiggins, Boonen and Phinney. Transferred out Westra for Kristoff, but not as bad as some. Hoping Boonen, Phinney 1-2. De Gendt got some mountain points and will stay KOM. It's something. The only predictable thing about Paris-Nice is its unpredictability!! This is real racing!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen wins, 2 scorers for me today then, Martin gets 5 points and then whatever Wiggo gets

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen wins  16

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Group comes in 2.30 down, so your top 20 riders will also be the top 20 GC

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen, Rojas, Degenkolb

Got the winner and Wiggins in yellow!!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes