Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice Stage 2

Well after nearly 140 quotes on the prologue / stage 1 post lets see what people are doing for stage 2. It's the only flat stage for the sprinters so who's in and who's out for tommorow.  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

89 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Im hoping meersman or Boeckmans may do something for me today, but they should go well on stage 3, especially after the way boeckmans flew up the climb on the TT yesterday

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

My theory is that the race only really has two GC days, stages 5 and 8, with the remainder being probably sprints, breakaways or uphill strong sprinter type stages. As a real GC contender TJvG will be marked out and nullified finishing top 20 in a few stages but not up near the front (hopefully otherwise my team is going to fall away quite quickly).

I might pick him up, Wiggins and another GC guy before stage 5 but I'm not going to try and stack my team with top 10 GC guys this early in the race. Fingers crossed I can figure out a way to shoehorn everyone I want into my team with only two transfers a stage.

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well 2 obvious inclusions for today - Boonen and Kittel
form should get me a good points total.  26

Keeping Levi and Wiggo as GC contenders  39

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

In
Huntarovich (on current form the likely winner, though maybe replaced by Hushovd or Haussler tomorrow)
Tom Boonen (long term pick)

Out
Tony Martin
Levi (same as others for dropping TJVG) can get more than 9 (GC & PC jersey) points with Boonen

In team
Degenkolb hopefully his day tomorrow + good finish today.
TJVG can't see him losing the white jersey or top 5 position

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dont understand people dumping TeeJay with the hills just around the corner....If he rides well today he must challenge over the next couple of days....Or am I missing something...  39

drheaton replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Dont understand people dumping TeeJay with the hills just around the corner....If he rides well today he must challenge over the next couple of days....Or am I missing something...  39

With the changes to stage points this year it's much more profitable to gamble on a possible stage winner than stay safe and take 5 GC and 5 young rider points.

Last year it would have been a comparison of 20-25 points against 10, This year it's a potential 40+ points for stage win and points comp so in my opinion it's worth the risk plus as TJVG is soooo expensive this year he's a more likely candidate for replacement than someone like Thomas De Gendt who's only worth 18 credits.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

With the changes to stage points this year it's much more profitable to gamble on a possible stage winner than stay safe and take 5 GC and 5 young rider points.

Last year it would have been a comparison of 20-25 points against 10, This year it's a potential 40+ points for stage win and points comp so in my opinion it's worth the risk plus as TJVG is soooo expensive this year he's a more likely candidate for replacement than someone like Thomas De Gendt who's only worth 18 credits.

Well all things considered Teejay will be in my team for the duration...We shall see...  3

chrisdstripes replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Personally I'll probably bring him back in a couple of days, but wanted to free up enough cash to bring in Kittel and Boonen for today/tomorrow. They'll both be out again before we get to Mende. Obv forfeiting GC and White Jersey points but if today is a bunch sprint that should more than cancel that out.

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've brought in Kittel and Boonen - the latter could also get good GC points if he picks up time bonuses (10 secs bonus for stage win, he's currently 11 secs off third). Got rid of Van Gard and Martin with same reasoning as drheaton above. Will probably offload Gretsch and Phinney after today, at least Gretsch gets a teammate bonus if Kittel wins. Also have Viviani and possible minor points from Kruopis so hoping for a good day! (Its all so easy until the stage starts innit?)  39

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Took out Brakjovic and Peraud and replaced them with Henderson and Hutarovich.

Will have Peraud back tomorrow though for the hills.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmm, I went for

Out
Martin and Van Garderen

In
Hushovd and Boonen

I figured the guaranteed 10 points or so for TJVG would be outwayed by a possible 35+ for either one of my two sprinters. Plus I reckon they're more likely to get points over the next two or three stages anyway.

0 likes

Righto well lets post as deadline is so close

Ive put in Kittel and Haussler for Taaramae and Peraud

I cant see past Viviani (He is in my team also)

Plan on one transfer for tomorrow to give me more flexibility the day after in order to get viviani out then

I think haussler could have the legs to be there on stage 3

Wanted Huntarovich really as think he may podium but could afford thus why i went haussler

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Put in a couple of sprinter types, will have to wait and see  4

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cannot see past Kittel,Renshaw or Boonen today...Degenkolb if he finds a little form...Low score for me today as planning for the hills... :-)...

lucas | 12 years ago
0 likes

Are there any time bonuses at the finish line or along the way in this race?...

lushmiester | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ooops missed the name Schleck put of the last post. Second to last word line 1 (they) replace with... the Schleck's. Should now make some sense

lushmiester | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wondering how RADIOSHACK-NISSAN's race/season is going to pan out, if they continue their usual ITT form or lack there of. Can not see either of them gaining two minutes over Wiggo between now and next Sunday which they would need to do if they are going to repeat today's performance stage 8 ITT. They might have more chance in the Tour but then again the ITT is longer and there are 3 TTs.

Anyway not expecting a good score tomorrow got my fingers crossed for a winning break by Kroon and Fofonov. Position 1000 here I come.

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Martin gets the heavho, hoping I do better than todays meagre offering

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen and Kittel in. Lu-Lu and Martin out.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I knew it was going to rain, and the later riders like Martin might struggle.. Go Larsson.
Anyway, I reckon i might see how well i might do all tour without Wiggo, even if he goes on to win it as i expect

0 likes

Ive made my transfers Gkam, aiming for a decent points score tomorrow and then some luck on stage 3 and hopefully in a good position for stage 4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Andy D, everyone will only have 2 transfers at this moment in time

I am making no changes, going pursuit for a few stages  4

Duck | 12 years ago
0 likes

I missed the deadline by 10 mins (got confused with Eurosports coverage timings!) so was unable to change my team before the start of prologue, at that time it was saying i had 4 transfers, now i only have 2 available. Surely i should have 4 as i didnt make any transfers on previous stage.

Please give me a chance, at the momement I potentially only have 1 scoring rider before i make any transfers!!!

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've plumped for two strong sprinters who I reckon will see me through a few of the later stages too which are a bit more uphill.

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

As a purist I have to rely on my sprinters Haussler and Aaen Jorgensen.

Stumps replied to arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

As a purist I have to rely on my sprinters Haussler and Aaen Jorgensen.

Hausslers not a bad choice for tommorow, he's been doing canny recently.

msw | 12 years ago
0 likes

Martin out. Vacillated between Boonen (already in GC points, could do well in other stages) and Kittel (more likely to win tomorrow). Chose one of them.

msw replied to msw | 12 years ago
0 likes
msw wrote:

Martin out. Vacillated between Boonen (already in GC points, could do well in other stages) and Kittel (more likely to win tomorrow). Chose one of them.

...the wrong one. *beats handlebars with fist*

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Personally i have only made one change from my team today and keeping back a transfer for the hilly stages to come.

Pages

Latest Comments