Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Strade Bianche

Anyone going to be watching Strade Bianche on Saturday. I think there is live coverage on Eurosport. Should be an interesting race with some strong teams entered, although no Sky.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've just seen the last 5km because I've been watching Liverpool-Arsenal. But from what I've seen it was a safe win for Cancellara.

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

1. Cancellara
2. Iglinskiy
3. Gatto
4. Ballan
5. Van Avermaet
6. Kreuziger
7. Reda
8. Ginanni
9. Favilli
10.Vansummeren

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Good question. Gilbert's the man to beat, but Sagan's in great form. Not sure how Visconti's been since he went to Movistar, but on his day he could win this.

Gilbert and Sagan aren't the only men from their team who have a decent shot either - Cadel Evans and Alessandro Ballan at BMC and Vincenzo Nibali at Liquigas Canondale are all good shouts.

I've seen Oscar Gatto mentioned as a potential winner, too...

Watch it be someone entirely different  3

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Who do you think are the main contenders?

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'll be watching, should also be streamed live (Italian commentary, obviously) on Gazzetta dello Sport website.

Great race, and I'd love to see a few riders come towards the finish together and slog it out on the narrow, steep streets on the way into the Piazza del Campo  19

Official guide to the race here:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/2011/it/download/STRADE%20...

Latest Comments