Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Trek 5.9 or 6.9ssl

My mate who had last years 6.9ssl (grey silver) full carbon wheelset which he recently sold and bought the new 5.9 with ultergra di2 & Aeolus 5 D3, he has now thinking about changing it again for this years 6.9ssl project one.

The question he keeps asking is that he really likes the ultergra di2, should he take those parts and wheels and just buy the frame or what.

Maybe soemone might have another peice of advice

(It would be nice to be in the same postion)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nice dilemma to have!

Suppose it depends on the cost difference between the two. Then again, with bikes like that, is cost an issue? As lost faith says, warranty is always good.

Oh, and project one: Titanium grey base colour with orange flames on the front half - ssssmoking!  4

Lost faith in t... | 12 years ago
0 likes

Giants are also very good bikes however i tend to think that the tcrs seem a bit heavy in comparison with other bikes at the same price.

its not that they weigh alot just in comparison a noticable difference.

also not keen on the giant sizing....

if it were me id stick with the trek, but thats my personal opinion.  1

teamrocket13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I will let him know, our lbs has suggested maybe a change to the Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 any thoughts

Lost faith in t... | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would say he would be better of buying a new project one.

he would get some new di2 with a years warranty (always nice to have some more warranty) and the advantage of buying the bike over the frame is if you do it through the correct trek dealership you can get a "pro Fit" which I believe the road cc guys reviewed at trek.

im assuming as he has had those bikes previously that he would have a pretty good set up on a madone already but its always nice for someone else to have a look at your riding and set up.

that would be the biggest advantage buying a new bike over a frame.

But there is nothing stopping him from paying for a "pro fit" on any bike, but its always nice to get fussed about when buying a new bike  1

we have some project ones in our shop and they are awesome pieces of kit..... loving the cancellara signature frame.

Latest Comments