Garmin edge800 route down loading

by big mick   February 27, 2012  

On the Garmin site Garmin connect-d you can upload other peoples rides to your device.Can you put them on a micro sd card to save memory space?Also i am going on holiday for 2 weeks can i download my rides to a sd card because i will be away from a computer and i think the internal memory will fill up quickly.Also if these two things are possible would i need 2 sd cards.I am 51 so not up to speed with this sort of thing though not beyond learning. Big Grin

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I don't think you will need to worry about memory space. I have approx 19 courses, countless activities, workouts etc and have no trouble with memory.
If the routes you are downloading from Connect are freely available, save them as a route only on your 'courses' and transfer them to your device as and when you need them. Do this in bulk before your hols and transfer the data when you get back.

posted by MickeyBlueEyes [19 posts]
27th February 2012 - 20:05

like this
Like (0)

Hi, I have taken my '800 on several 2 week holidays. I hve never needed to use an SD card. I keep around 30 courses permanently on mine, and on top of this have also stored the ride data from the 2 week holiday. I have not experienced any storage issues. Don't forget your charger though Plain Face Plain Face

posted by malmesburyclarioncc [26 posts]
27th February 2012 - 20:16

like this
Like (0)

Well i stored 3 routes on my Garmin ready for my hols and went out on the bike and the unit flashed up memory full and that was with all other history deleted so i am not so sure

big mick

posted by big mick [172 posts]
27th February 2012 - 21:25

like this
Like (0)

you can put them on the sd card ... when you view
the courses they are prefixed "SD" to show you where they
are stored.

I'm surprised that 3 routes took up that much space !
The 800 has more than enough normally. have you got any
mapping files stored on the garmin instead of the sd card ??

still on the 3rd switch-back of Bwlch !

posted by therevokid [664 posts]
27th February 2012 - 21:42

like this
Like (0)

Yea the three routes were stored in the 800s internal memory not on an sd card.I took them off the Garmin site they were rides people had uploaded.I think i stored them as courses.Is it best to store them on a card.

big mick

posted by big mick [172 posts]
27th February 2012 - 22:03

like this
Like (0)

I've just checked. I have 29 courses and at least 100 days of ride history on my G800's internal memory. I also have the 1:50000 OS UK mapping installed on it from an sd card. It all works fine.

posted by malmesburyclarioncc [26 posts]
28th February 2012 - 0:13

like this
Like (0)