Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New to the forum - and need help with greasing ceramic sram red pulley bearings

Hi there,

I’m new to the forum and in need of some help..

I read I should grease my SRAM Red derailleur jockey wheel bearings every 100 hours cycling or after a soaking in the wet, and it’s been well over 100 hours cycling and quite a few soakings, so I’ve bought some of the ceramic bearing grease from SRAM to do this. My only concern is how much I should apply and the correct method to complete the whole job? So wondering if anyone here has completed this and can offer some guidance, for a complete novice!

On another note I’m happy to have joined the forum and look forward to keeping up with events on here. A bit about me - I cycle mainly to work 10 miles each way through Richmond Park 4 days a week, but like to do some miles on weekends (usually cycling from Tooting Bec to High Barnet and back) and a few laps of Richmond Park on other days. Living in Tooting Bec it’s hard I find to get out to the country if like me you don’t drive. However I’m doing the 70 mile Wiggle Ups & Downs from Dorking on the 29th April if anyone here is too? Also looking to join a good local cycling club. Anyone here members of London Dynamos' &/or Dulwich club? Visit Herne Hill Velo?

Only major cycling achievement is cycling to Paris in group charity ride over 4 days in 2010 reasonably fast (finished 1st on day one doing 90 miles from Crystal Palace to Dover) but busted my knee on the final day and cycled through the injury causing me some damage that’s taken a while to heal. I only jumped back on my bike in October last year but the injury seems ok though the knee (left) is slightly weaker than my other.

Thanks!

Joe

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments