Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

CAR Finance

Hi everyone,
My wife is due to collect her new car in a couple of weeks. The dealer offered the usual finance deal where I saw the APR and went "what?!". Anyone know of good third party providers for car finance?

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmm, fair point, thanks.

Marauder | 12 years ago
0 likes

Also the thing about car finance and car loans is if you ever default on the payments then the loan company can take the car off you.

When I have been in the market for new cars I have always just gone to a normal bank for a loan then not tying the car to the loan.

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, cheers. My natural inclination would be sceptical of the bank route, but you have a point.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Can you get a loan/finance through your bank, thats your best bet of getting a decent interest rate

The Dealer "should" be the second best bet, but if you know which finance company they are using, go to them directly to see if you can get a better one

Third party providers will normally be higher than a dealer because the dealer "should" get a decent rate because he/she may bring in X amount of clients for the company and therefore getting a favourable rate

Latest Comments