FS: Zipp 808 Clincher Rear (Shimano/SRAM)

by roadracedave   February 24, 2012  

Hi all!

I've got a Zipp 808 Clincher rear shimano that I am looking to sell. It is an early 2009 model, built on the Zipp 182 hub. This is the older style hub, but is lighter and free-er running than the newer 188 hub.

I have replaced all 6 bearing in the hub at the end of January, and have only rode the wheel for about 2 hours on the rollers since then, so it is silky smooth.

I have also put a full new set of decals on the wheel as I was using it without any decals on.

There is the usual bite marks to the freehub, which do not affect it in any way, there is also a small amount of surface dirt/oxidisation on the alloy nipples. The braking surface is in great condition, with only about 4-500 miles in total on the wheel consisting of 10 mile time trials, and circuit road races, neither of which require much breaking!

Only reason for selling is due to having a 404 wheelset which I use for most events, and I am on the look out for a PowerTap hub, so hopefully this will help fund that.

I will put some pictures up of the wheel tonight to; www.altrt.co.uk/images/zipp

I am looking for around £465 for the wheel, or £500 with a Dura-Ace 7800 11-23 cassette that has covered the same distance. I think its a fair price for a wheel that retailed for £950, and is in this good a condition.

Alternatively, if you have got a PowerTap wheel/hub that you are looking to sell, and like the idea of riding this wonderful wheel, we may be able to sort something out Wink

I would prefer cash on collection from Bristol/Bath, but will post the wheel for £10.

1 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Wheel still available, Photos now online at the above url

Avonlea-Treasure Race Team
http://www.altrt.com
twitter:@davidcwhitfield

roadracedave's picture

posted by roadracedave [75 posts]
22nd April 2012 - 23:08

like this
Like (2)