Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Combination locks

Can anyone recommend a good 'un? I lost a set of keys the other day, so now only have the one for my lock. Thinking a combination lock might be a good solution.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Simon E | 12 years ago
0 likes

Depends where you are.

Your average cable lock can be cut by secateurs. A cable is fine for areas of low crime risk, for popping into WH Smiths to read the Comic or a cafe stop during a ride. For those times a combination is IMHO better than a key.

The only really good lock for anything more than a few minutes in town is a strong D-lock. I have a Kryptonite Series 2 for leaving my bike in the centre of Shrewsbury for a while.

barogerl | 12 years ago
0 likes

2 I would be careful abiout using a combination lock. Admittedly they are good and provide asafeguard against lost keys, but someinsurance companies won't accept them. Do check with yiours before investing in one
Siân

barogerl | 12 years ago
0 likes

2 I would be careful abiout using a combination lock. Admittedly they are good and provide asafeguard against lost keys, but someinsurance companies won't accept them. Do check with yiours before investing in one
Siân

Latest Comments