Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Look what happened this morning,,,, if you dare.

Hi All,
I was looking forward to an early morning ride when I duly tripped down the stairs and landed 'awkward' = result,,, foot at 90' to the right and broken lower tibia and ankle. Never broken a bone before and wouldn't wish this on an enemy.
Told it will be about six weeks before I clip my shoes into the pedals - Gutted, new bike, new wheels reasonable weather forecast and here I am stuck sitting down with leg elevated reading every section of this website.
Enjoy, Trikeman.  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

trikeman | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi All,
nearly the end of day one, no bike, no fixing and stuck indoors,,,, Gutted.
Your comments have given me a good laugh though - especially the hand cranker. I could just see me on a contraption like that.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

scaramanga | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ouch!!

Get well soon mate.

Time to practice single foot pedaling technique on the turbo?

Raleigh replied to scaramanga | 12 years ago
0 likes
scaramanga wrote:

Time to practice single foot pedaling technique on the turbo?

That was probably said in jest, but wasn't there something in CW about how training one leg can boost the other legs power?

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

You could try other sports like: Darts, Snooker, Chess, Bridge, Ludo, Bowls, Cake-making.  39

Or get a hand cranked bicycle.

russyparkin | 12 years ago
0 likes

i can run your bike in for you if you need it? anything to help

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nasty mate, hope you get better soon.

Look on the bright side though if you can stretch it out till middle April you will get to watch the classics.

seabass89 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Jeez, you need to clean the floor!

Good healing  1

charliemac74 | 12 years ago
0 likes

You have my sympathies Trikeman, it gets frustrating watching and reading without doing!

Swift healing.

[Edit] Posted twice deliberately for emphasis of course.

charliemac74 | 12 years ago
0 likes

You have my sympathies Trikeman, it gets frustrating watching and reading without doing!

Swift healing.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmm I believe it could have been the excess hair on your leg that caused the fall  3

But get well soon

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ouch! Get well soon...

Latest Comments